“Hamptons is a one of a kind, especially in Sumter.” 5 of 5 stars

4 West Hampton Ave, Sumter, SC 29150
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hamptons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 113 Restaurants in Sumter
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: Hamptons is happy to arrange for Limo or taxi service with prior notice.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hamptons is a one of a kind, especially in Sumter.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

My son is stationed at Shaw AFB so when he announced he would be getting married there, I started a search for a place to hold the rehearsal dinner. After 3 hours of searching I had almost given up - and then I found Hamptons. Initially I had trouble contacting someone to help me with our wedding party reservations. They typically don't take reservations but after speaking with the owner, Danielle, she agreed to let us reserve The Alley Way, the patio dining area.

I was put in touch with Chef Lawrence Gottlieb and he was wonderful to work with. He assisted in customizing a menu for our wedding party, including some vegetarian options. The restaurant has its own bakery so I was concerned when I asked if I could also bring in some bride and groom strawberries. They were nothing but accommodating (especially considering that I called and emailed at least 20 times with questions, worries and the like).

The night of the event as luck would have it the sky bottomed out and on the way to the restaurant I was in a panic about how things would work out. As we walked in the front door, Richard the manager greeted me and introduced me to the head server for our party. They had moved our party indoors and the set up was gorgeous.

Everyone attending loved our menu selections. Everything was wonderful - the breads, spreads, sweet potato chips, the shrimp kabobs with ginger glaze, not to mention the parade of cakes, pies and tarts! Did I mention that some of the spreads are made with locally produced butter and cheese?

If you happen to be in Sumter, there is no other place to dine. Oh, have I mentioned how beautiful the place is? We are so happy that Hamptons helped in making a most memorable occasion absolutely perfect.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sumter, SC
“Great food nice place but very pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

I've been there several times and, as one who has dined all over the country, would rate it as a strong 3 1/2 stars. The chef is very creative and the atmosphere nice. The service is good. But overall, with everything ala carte and main courses from $27 to $49 and top shelf liquor $9 a drink, it's very expensive.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sumter, SC
“My favorite place in Sumter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2009

It is the creme de la creme of all Sumter! A must try. The menu changes regularly. The bakery is superb. The ambiance is stunning and the food indescribable!