“Very nice to stay in Sumter” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Sumter
San Antonio, Texas
“Very nice to stay in Sumter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

During 3rd and 4th of July had the opportunity to stay in this quiet,clean,friendly,well located hotel with my family .We had a wonderful time in this location where staff and managers treated us respect and courtesy. .Thanks Isabella for taking care of us.Definitely recommend to my friens.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time we have come to Sumter and have originally stayed at a cheaper hotel. Both times we ended up checking out and switching to this hotel. It is clean, comfortable, and modern. The staff is friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed May 2012
Orange, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Lately I have been staying at this hotel every time when I visit to Sumter and it has been very good. I have stayed other hotels Hi Express, Hampton, Candlewood but dirty/dusty room, rude staff or what not.

At Country Inns and Suites, staff that takes care of me, good breakfast, walk to 5 restuarants, working high speed internet so overall It has been good with me...... no compliants.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My family stumbled upon this hotel while we were traveling through Sumter. This hotel offers excellent service and amenities for the rate. I loved their breakfast and friendly service staff. I highly recommend this hotel not only to my friends but also to those who are looking for a perfect night stay in Sumter, SC.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Oswego, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed there on a previous trip. The front desk staff transferred one reservation from one Country Inn and Suites to the Sumter one. We were told that it was cancelled and the reservation was transferred, but that didn't happen. Got charged twice. Everything was broken (pool, fitness center, door locks, internet). Smoking in non-smoking rooms, management did nothing for us that don't smoke. As a previous guest mentioned, the bathrooms are not very clean. Talked to the manager/owner to try and get reimbursed for the overcharge, but no resolution. Took no ownership of why his staff lied to his monetary benefit. Staff was RUDE during the stay. Parking is a nightmare. Go to Holiday Inn Express. They don't charge you to use he washer and dryer and it is clean, and the equipment in the fitness center is nice, and the internet works. Apparently, this is the only hotel on that strip that this manager owner doesn't own.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
CHARLOTTE, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

On the 14th of April, I booked a room at the hotel. The stay was going well until I saw a large roach in the bathroom. The next morning, as I was checking out, I was asked how my stay was by the clerk. I told her the stay went well until I saw a huge roach in the bathroom late during the night. She was nice enough to apologize for this. She stated "I wold like the manager to know. Maybe he will do something for you." Honestly, I was not looking for anything to be done for me. She called up the manager and explained the situation. The manager responded saying to tell me I could get 1500 points towards a room in the future. The manager then called back immediately and told the clerk to tell me that I could get $10.00 off of the rate I paid for the room which was $104.00 and change. I told her to tell the manager to keep his points and his $10.00-- I would rather blog about it instead. Just so you know---This place has roaches! The workers at the hotel were great. Very helpful and professional. They all get an A++
Shirley Thomas
Charlotte NC

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Richmond Hill, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have spend many nights, in several states, and all the Country Inn and Suites hotels display the same culture towards their customers. The culture that is being displayed with this hotel chain surround these things: Customer Service, clean rooms, breakfast, etc. I will continue to support this hotel chain until their service falls below these standards.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn and Suites Sumter SC? Share your experiences!