“Best hotel in Sumter” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Sumter
Greenville, SC
“Best hotel in Sumter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

This hotel has been very good with me as I have stayed several times in past months or so. I have also stayed in other hotels but none compare with this one.

Safe and Secure, Plenty of Parking, Walking distance to IHOP, Applebees, Chillis and Logan Steakhouse.

Great New Management in place who is been fantastic to see taking care of customers, excellent breakfast, INDOOR POOL, nice, new and clean rooms.

For business or pleasure I would only recommended this hotel in sumter.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay. The front desk clerk by the name Sertta was very nice and was very professional. I refered the hotel to my co-workers and they commented on the services as being genuine, I highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

No such thing as Fresh complimentary cookies cause they never had any in the tray the entire time we were there for four days straight. The lounge area was closed down by 10 pm, so no fresh coffee was ever available. The second day, housekeeping never came and then accused us of skipping service. "Yes, of course, I wanted to pay $100 a night and use my old, wet towels, make up my own beds, and take out my own trash while on vacationing!" As if that wasn't bad enough, they "claim" that my children were noisy, yet we heard other kids jumping about at 5 am in the morning! THIS IS NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY HOTEL. I would recommend you stay at another hotel down the road because there's 15 other hotels available and has better service and attitude. Southern hospitality is not to be found! Finally, the parking area is bad. Be prepared to park in the dirt because no space is available in the front of the building where you must enter. This Hotel was very disappointing to us, we decided to check out early.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Summerville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

i walked into the room it smelled like pee. wee dumped about a full bottle of frebreese but it still smelled. the problem was that there was pee on the matress! the house keeping knew but did not tell anybody. the next night we were switch to a diffrent room that had bed bugs! the next morning i got righ out of there. also they had no tooth past or sope.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

No frills. Decent and clean, but understaffed. Check in took 30 minutes, even though there were only 2 people in front of us. The clerk was friendly and helpful, but not very efficient, and not capable of multi-tasking. She insisted on showing the couple in front of us photos of her child when it was obvious people in line were ready for her to get down to business. No towels at the pool, so bring your own. No after hours housekeeping, so if your room isn't cleaned or you need something, forget it. There were two adults and two kids in our party, and only two bath towels. Couldn't get more as none were available. So, we used one at the pool for all of us, and shared one after showers in the morning. Hard to believe a hotel can't spare a few extra towels! Breakfast was basic and below average unless you want cold cereal, a waffle, or mushy fruit. We went to IHOP right next door. We were in town for a youth soccer tournament, and the kids enjoyed the pool. The rooms were clean, but walls were thin. No nighttime security, so nobody to coomplain to about noisy teens walking the halls at 2:00 am. I would stay here again only because it was cheap, clean, and convenient, but don't expect even 3 star service.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010 via mobile

We stayed here when on our way home from Florida for spring break. When all the hotels off I-95 were booked at midnight as we were passing through, we knew we had to find a new strategy so chose Sumpter, about 12 mi. off I-95. I have always had good luck with Country Inn & Suites from California to the east coast. This one was no exception. Friendly service, clean rooms, truly No Smoke not just a room that has been treated to remove the smoke...but has NEVER been smoked in (you can just tell) and soft towels! Recommend highly! At only $71/night, a real deal!!!!

• Stayed April 2010
Dallas/FortWorth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

I took a business trip to Sumter and selected this hotel as some of my peers at work were staying here. The staff are friendly, however, when I got to my room, I noticed there was 1 small bar of soap on the sink but none in the tub. I was tired so I didn't bother with it the first night, but the second night when I came back from work, I noticed there was no fresh soap in the bathroom, just that same small bar I'd been taking from the sink to the shower. So I called downstairs to ask them to send up another bar. I was informed "we don't have any". Absolutely shocked, I said find some. There was a knock on the door about 20 minutes later and a member of the staff along with a guest were there. The guest, who apparently stays here quite often had a pack of soap she'd bought and offered one to me. I immediately said NO! I wasn't taking another guests items. They all insisted and I told the staff member she should give her a free night. Clearly they were good friends, but still!!! Not sure I'll stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn and Suites Sumter SC? Share your experiences!