“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

From the moment we arrived, staff greeted us. The rooms were clean and in excellent condition. Stay here when you visit Sumter, SC. The breakfast staff made sure we had everything we needed to enjoy our breakfast. The breakfast was excellent and they offered bags to go for those who could not stay to sit and eat breakfast. I felt secure in the parking area around the hotel. The cleaning staff were very friendly and ensured that our room was completely comfortable each day. the internet service was easy to use in the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Garbsen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Clean and calm location delivers Hampton Inn standard. Fast internet connection in rooms and several restaurants nearby. My personal Rating is above average based on my overall experiences with Hampton Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Wrightsville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This property is definitely due for a renovation! That said, both times I have stayed at this property, I have met the most friendly associates, including the General Manager. I'm keen and in tune to good customer service, and what they currently lack in polished case goods, they make up for in exemplary service.

There are newer hotels in the area, but I will continue to stay here due to the fact that I am treated so well. This hotel is also almost always sold out during the week, when I need to be there, so I have to book my travel to Sumter a few weeks in advance. No wonder - it's a great place to stay!

Great job to all the staff that work at this hotel.

Room Tip: make your reservation early if traveling during the week or you won't get in!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Fitzgerald, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

1. Pubic hairs in the tub; 2. Hairs and debris in the sheets; 3. Brown stains (coffee?) on the wall by the bed; 4. Smoking room when non-smoking was requested; and, 5. Uncomfortable bed to sleep in. The hotel staff was nice and did try to rectify most of the problems. While I was not moved to a non-smoking room, the bedding was changed and the brown stains were wiped off of the wall. However, the tub was not cleaned at all, she just removed the pubic hair with a tissue. I found out later that I could get my money back if the stay was terrible. The manager honored that policy and I was not charged for the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Saint Matthews, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before. The room was comfortable, clean and very luxurious. I loved the smell of the clean linen when I walked into the room. This hotel is in a great location and near Walmart and several restaurants are in walking distance. The staff was friendly. I would definitely stay at this hotel again! The continental breakfast was great as well. My friend and I didn't really get to enjoy the room much due to attending the NASCAR race in Darlington, but when it was time to get a good night rest, we did not have any complaints. We slept very well! Loved the notes placed on the bed that the duvet covers and sheets were cleaned just for our arrival. The restroom was very clean. When I took a shower, I never thought that a shower taken anywhere else other than my own home could ever feel so refreshing!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet, comfortable & cozy room then choose this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
White, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Never disappointed in Hampton - this hotel was no exception - 30 minutes after checkin while walking through the lobby, the front desk attendant called me by name asking me if my room was okay - room was exceptionally clean - bed was comfortable - breakfast attendants were happy to get something even if not out on display - awesome experience

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Roswell, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Nice Hampton, I usually stay at Hamptons because they are so consistant in quality. This hotel is no different. Very clean. Laundry facilities too. Breakfast was continental with waffles or light eats. Fresh coffee as you enter the building. Room was clean and well prepared. LCD tv. nice furnishings. Coffee maker and all the usual amenities. Across the street was Walmart and loads of restaurants within walking distance. No problems.

Room Tip: Ask for the rear for a quieter room away from the road. But its a small town. It's quiet at nigh...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Sumter? Share your experiences!