“Don't Waste Your Money!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Charleston-Summerville

You added Holiday Inn Express Charleston-Summerville to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Charleston-Summerville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Holiday Inn Drive, I-26 Exit 199A, Summerville, SC 29483   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Summerville
Bonaire, Georgia
“Don't Waste Your Money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

This hotel was disgusting! Everything smelled like cigarettes. The furniture is cheap and ugly - and not clean, either. There was no desk or table for a laptop - and no information at all in the room about how to connect to the internet. I tried to use the phone in the room to dial the front desk - there was no way to do it - and the phone was sticky and disgusting to touch. I ended up having to call the hotel on their main number from my cell phone. When I was ready for a bath, I discovered there was NO hot water, and I am positive that I would get more water pressure from pouring a glass of water over myself. Truly a waste of money - and certainly a horribel night with no rest. I was dying to get out of the stench and go somewhere that I could get a shower or bath and relax. Horrid.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Purchased through Priceline, checked in, within 10 minutes we were covered in FLEAS. We notified the "Manager" and she responded that "we are a pet friendly hotel". It was as if it were to be expected there were fleas in the room! They put us in another room which ALSO had fleas!!! They would not credit our card or offer any refund. They just offered to give us yet another room. We ended up spending more $ to stay at a different hotel. What made things worse is that we could not find a room elsewhere until 2:30 am. Someone did not keep a reservations so we were able to finally get a room in a "no pet" (or flea) hotel. We were traveling for a wedding and had to leave after the reception and drive home. The only hotel room available was again at the Flea Bag Holiday Inn Express. NO THANK YOU!!! Holiday Inn Express Summerville took a joyous occasion and made it very stressful! Buyer BEWARE!

Room Tip: Find a hotel without fleas
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I reserved the room through Hotwire and it was recommended by 90% of viewers. I always get a 3 star hotel with hotwire. This is NOT a 3 star as hotwire rated, it is a 2 1/2. Checking in was good. Waited about 15 minutes as there was only one gentlemen working..very friendly. Room was nice but beds were that of a 2 star. The hotel itself was very clean and the "most" of the staff was very friendly. We stayed in the room the next day as we were staying 2 days. We left at 130pm for the day and thought we would come back to a room that had been cleaned, but it wasn't. I understand it was late but have done this in many many hotels and housekeeping always comes back and cleans, replaces towels, etc. So, the next morning I asked the housekeeper (who had to put down her phone from texting) if I could have some towels. I was standing there with 2 children and she gave me 2 towels. I told her I had none because our room was not cleaned the day before. She didn't smile and say "sure". Instead, she said "aren't you leaving today?" I said "yes but again we have no towels etc..." and then she let out this huge sigh when I asked for 2 more. I asked for a bottle of shampoo as she didn't offer "do you need anything else mam?" She handed me the bottle of shampoo and started to push her cart. I then asked what time check out was and she said "1100 and if you are late, they charge you for an extra day. " I went down for breakfast at 940 and it went until 10. There was slim pickings left. The day before it was lovely...nice hot breakfast and nice staff. I went to the front desk and asked if I could get a late checkout and the lady said no, not unless you are a priority member. I explained I was but had booked this time through hotwire. She said, "no, we won't allow it then." I have NEVER stayed at a hotel that wouldn't allow at least an hour for a late checkout. Overall, I am thinking it was a nice hotel at 2.5 stars, with a great breakfast. However, management needs to adjust the attitudes of their staff. Especially housekeeping!!!!!

Abbottstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

The rooms are clean and well maintained. The hotel staff are very friendly and polite. They made my family and I feel very welcomed in SC

Somewhere in the Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed here for one very short evening. We were moving our son and gf to Charleston from Indy and just needed a comfy place to stay in route. My husband is a priority member so we usually stay at HI. My son has a dog and we especially liked that this hotel is so pet friendly. BIG bonus. We were exhausted from 14 hrs on the road and appreciated that the hotel was clean, quiet and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was the normal HI Xpress food, nothing great but tames the hungries in the morning. Very nice large, pleasant breakfast room though. I was waiting by the front entrance for the rest of our group the next morning and as the cleaning staff filed in one by one, everyone greeted me with a very pleasant "good morning". This was very much appreciated as I was very tired and grumpy :) Definitely would stay here again.

Washington,MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I normaly stay at Hilton chain hotels, but I have to admit, this Holiday Inn was very impressive.
Upon arrival, "Bud," checked us in quickly and greeted us with water and a snack. I chose this hotel because of the pet policy. (nothing, nadda, zip) unless the dog is barking and complaints file in, then it's 100 bucks. But hey, I agree, If fools let the dog bark and run wild then bill them for it. They give the people who mind their pet a bad rap.....Anyway! The hotel is spacious and clean, Staff is friendly and prompt, Room was clean and fresh and the breakfast was outstanding!
I would stay here again without a doubt. If your heading for the coast and want a nice place to stay... with or without a pet.....Book It! you will not be sorry.

Larry Becker
Washington, MO

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Ridgeville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I called to speak with Group Sales and provided all necessary information for my family reunion. Nicole faxed the pricing info for the banquet rooms. The banquet room I chose was priced at $150. When I called on Friday to confirm, Nicole stated the room was $250, when I advised that the price on the fax with the letterhead that she sent showed $150, she said oh, that is incorrect, but we will honor that price for you its not a problem. She was to fax the info on Friday which was not received. I called Monday morning and was advised that the banquet room was booked and she confirmed that on Friday (hence why the fax was not received). I then spoke with the hotel Manager,Christie Sanders, what a breath of fresh air she is. I called and acted as if I was interested in meeting space and was advised that the date is available. I called back to speak with Nicole and of course now the prices can not be honored, she made the mistake, honed up to it and then played sneaky, which is why I did not receive the fax and which is shy she "could not remember what she had to tell me, and then said oh yeah, the banquet room is not available that day." Hence to say I am no longer interested in staying at this hotel, nor do I recommend to hold any events here. Tip for Nicole and Christie: Do better business, hire professionals and a manager that does not blow you off with an attitude.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Charleston-Summerville? Share your experiences!