“Great pizza at a good price.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #114 of 204 restaurants in Summerville
Cuisines: Italian
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great pizza at a good price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012 via mobile

Tuscan bistro has great pizza, we usually get the Hawaiian pizza which is fantastic, but all the pizza is worth a try. Also try the banzini bread which is basically garlic bread and delicious. Two thumbs up.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

57% Recommend
Blestfriends
“Chef Benito Knocked Himself Out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We went to an early dinner with our kids on New Years Eve at Tuscan Bistro and were more than pleasantly surprised at all the interior renovations that had taken place since the last time we visted a couple months before.
A new wall mural and an authentic looking archway had been added to make the inside of the restaurant much more welcoming. Server Roxanne made us feel so at home with her friendly and attentive service and of course, the calzones are the cheesiest!
A great neighborhhod restaurant that now feels less like a take out joint and more like a proper sit down with new Italian ambiance.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Summerville, South Carolina
“omg i love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

I'm originally from NY. Ever since I moved down south I've been searching for a really good italian place and now I don't want to go anywhere else. I love the calzones and the pizza is awesome. And the canolis are excellent. It reminds me of home.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charleston, SC
“Best Italian food in Summerville, SC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

My family of five had an OUTSTANDING experience at Tuscan Bistro! My daughter's spinach pizza was huge and perhaps the best either of us has ever eaten! My house salad was huge, fresh and full of cheese and veggies! All of my kids, husband and I loved the "to die for" Italian ice cream! The best part was the authentic Italian canole, which was out of this world! I don't know what the other visitor to the restaurant was talking about, because my family had a GREAT and very enjoyable experience! The price of the food was a bit more than we're accustomed to paying, but it was well worth it for the portions given and attentive service we received!

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Gone weirdo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2009

Renamed Tuscan bistro has the best pizza in Charleston, which for the last two years has been my wife and my restaurant of choice every week. However, it was recently bought by some people who I think are struggling to figure out an identity for it. Sometimes they play Italian music, sometimes Latin, sometimes who knows what. They've even cleared an area of the floor for Salsa dancing and created an eating area on the side of the building...very weird. The new owner paces around the place barking orders at his employees like I've never seen, so I don't expect them to stick around very long.

Bottom line, what used to be a cozzy place to grab some great pizza is now an uncomfortable restaurant with busy business like ambiance that is now a total turnoff. We won't go back...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere