“Times are a changin'” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Summerville, SC
“Times are a changin'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

A friend and I decided to revisit here to have a proper entree and meal vs. just showing up for an app. and beer. Glad we did. We were served by a nice young lady to was quite attentive and professional. If she did not know the answer to questions, she asked someone and returned quickly with the answer. We started off with a drink which was served up promptly. We inquired if the Cajun Shrimp could be grilled vs. fried, and the answer was yes. Great! My diet does not allow for much fried foods, so this was a nice change. The shrimp were cooked to perfection, and the sauce (on the side) was just peppy enough. When we asked if the shrimp entree could be grilled as well, she retired to the kitchen and returned saying "yes", so I ordered that. My friend has the chicken parmisan, and the two breasts were grilled, as well. All in all, the grilled foods were prepared quite well, not overcooked, and we enjoyed them. The server was better than most, and we tipped her accordingly. I'll definitely return to the Blind Referee again for a proper meal.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Neiva, Colombia
“Food sucked”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012 via mobile

They had a Cuban sandwich the other day that my buddy ordered and it looked good but they didn't have it this day. So I ordered the Bronx Bomber, a pastrami with mustard sandwich. It was crap. Tasted like vacuum packed lunchmeat and there was hardly any of it. Seriously, I sent it back and said it had no meat on it. Good drinks. Decent value. I won't be coming back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Conway, SC
“Nice Sports Bar, Good Wings, Watch the Silverware....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

The wife and I visited this restaurant/bar during our recent visit to Summerville, SC. This place is tucked away at the end of a strip plaza with a Publix grocery store, so you might miss it if your not looking. The place has two sides, one for the bar and smoking (which is still allowed in SC) and the other for dinning. Both sides have ample TV coverage of any sporting event you would care to watch, and the bar is a large U shape, with lots of seating.
We were seated and attended to quickly. The menu has the typical, and not so typical bar fare. We started out with the Cajun Chicken Wings, which were of nice size, and were fried with a nice crispy exterior, they way they should be, but the Cajun spice was only drizzled on one side. They really have to throw them on the open flame grill and char and season both sides. That would make them perfect, especially if the spices were given a heavy coat. I made our server aware of this later on in the evening.

I opted for the Shrimp Po Boy sandwich, while the wife had the Chicken Blue Cheese Wrap. Both dinners were served hot out of the kitchen, which is alwaya a plus. The Po Boy had at least a dozen lightly coated shrimp, nicely cut up fresh tomatoes and fresh lettuce. Just right. The Chicken Wrap was discribed as being excellent, as was the Po Boy. One minor glitch, when I was finally able to corral our server (she seemed to dissapear for long streatches for no reason at all) I asked for a utensil set up, but upon it's arrival the fork was not suitable for eating anyting, as it was not properly cleaned. Couldn't really get a replacement since Houdini had gone on another magical dissapearing tour.
Other that the fork incident and the multipule disspearing acts, the food was of good quality, the beer was cold and it is a place we would recommend.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Summerville, SC
“Friendly place to visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Visited with gift coupon. Great atmosphere. Big bar area. Variety of tap and bottle beers. Tried the fried pickles (hard to find elsewhere) and steak sandwich. Very well seasoned, hot, and generous portions. Bartender very helpful. Menu has varied selections from wings to fancy entrees. Prices very reasonable. They have a great Happy Hour list of beers and appetizers. Will definitely go back.

• Visited September 2011