“Overall: Fine” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Summerville
Oakville, Canada
“Overall: Fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

The hotel was very busy and we were lucky to get a room late in the day. The room was clean. Good size room with the convenience of a small refrigerator. The decor and furniture are outdated. The internet works well. Ideally located relative to Interstate 26. Great hot breakfast. Overall, our stay was fine however the hotel needs to do some upgrading.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I came here for our honeymoon and it was wonderful. The room was extremely clean and well prepared. The staff was wonderful, the location was good we were next to a walmart, waffle house and gas stations. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it. I would definately come stay again!

• Stayed May 2011
MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

My husband and I spent one night here due to the fairly close proximity to Charleston, SC (about 30 minutes). Our room was very outdated with peeling wallpaper in the bathroom. Our queen size bed was comfortable. We were located on the tiled first floor next to the vending machines which was very noisy. The staff were nice but didn't appear like they liked their jobs. Breakfast was decent with a good assortment. Overall, the night was decent but the hotel does need some attention to invite more customers.

Room Tip: Do not request first floor accommodations.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Rochester, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

Wife/I/1.5 yr old toddler spent one night at this hotel. Stayed here for relatively close access to CHS airport the next morning. Overall, I must say this Comfort Suites is not up to par with the excellence we have come to expect with the brand.

Check in was fast as there were not many people staying at this place the day we were there. I then asked for a crib/pack n play for our toddler, which I requested online and also called ahead to see if the hotel had. They did (when I booked). Upon check in, I was then told that they had NO cribs and the fire marshall made them remove all cribs. According to the clerk, this was just done recently - and I received NO call in advance that a crib would not be available. I consider this POOR service, at least notify me that you yanked the cribs (then, I would have likely cancelled my reservation for another hotel in the area with a crib, of which there are many). Also, not even so sure this guy was telling the truth as we stayed in another Comf Suites in Charleston and they had cribs.

The room itself was, really, below par for a Comfort Suites. It was showing wear and was marginally clean. Bed was comfortable though. We were forced to bed our toddler in a corner of a room with the blanket on the floor. Luckily for us, she slept ok.

Breakfast the next morning was ok, a little skimpy. No bananas, and two kinds of cereal. I have had better breakfasts at other Conf. Suites.

Used the pool area which was ok, pool was cold, but it was early in the season.

Overall, again, cannot recommend this property. Other properties nearby may be better.
I will be calling Choice Hotels about the deception concerning the cribs.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Rock Hill, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband, son, and myself stayed for the 2nd time at the Comfort Suites. The front desk, management, and everyone at the hotel were wonderful to us and very accommodating. They remembered us from our prior visit. There was a large family group staying there and they put us in a room where we would have the peace and quiet that we needed.
The room was just like the one we stayed in on our prior visit.
Breakfast was great, and there were more than enough choices.
We were provided with extra towels upon request. I honestly cannot say enough! Thanks to the staff at comfort suites!

• Stayed September 2010
Rock Hill, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

I previously wrote a review. Unfortunately the review was made on Comfort Inn not Comfort Suites where we actually stayed. Do not know anything about the Comfort Inn so wanted to be sure viewers knew about the Comfort Suites.
We were in Summerville due to a death in the fsmily. The staff at the front desk were wonderful and accommodating. At a time like that, you would hope that people would be, but that is not always true. The room was clean and comfortable. We also enjoyed the sitting area. On our third night, we traded rooms and they even offered to move us. The breakfast was outstanding. We have family in the area and wil definately return.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

We were at this hotel the nights of July 17th and 18th. Check-in was smooth and the lady working at the front desk was very friendly. She gave us a bottom floor room which had a nice wooded view. Unlike the reviewer from a couple of comments below, we ate breakfast at the hotel and not the nearby Waffle House (within walking distance). The breakfast was very good and consisted of fruit (bananas, apples and grapefruit), yogurt, bagels and cream cheese, english muffins, toast, peanut butter, danishes, cold hard boiled eggs, hot scrambled reconstituted eggs and sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, griddle-your-own waffles, apple and orange juice, tea and coffee. Why anyone whine about that and opt to pay for the Awful House, with that selection, is simply stunning.
The hotel is located in Summerville, about 20-25 miles north of downtown Charleston but a straight shot down I-26. The new looking suburban area nearby the hotel property has a very good selection of restaurants and a Wal Mart within walking distance, yet it is tucked away in a rather wooded area.
The hotel pool is rather small but looked clean, even though we didn't use it.
The housekeeping staff is friendly and helpful and the breakfast area attendant was very diligent about keeping the tables clean and food and coffee well stocked.
I would give this hotel a 5 rating except for two issues . The first was the room. There were 5 of us and the room was extremely narrow, although it was suppose to accomodate 6 people. It reminded me of some of the nightmare narrow rooms that you usually find in Europe. The double beds are true double size and not the usual larger queen size you find in most other hotels. Not much room for two adults.
The other thing that I found very odd was the tiled flooring in the outside hallway. It magnified the sound of dragged luggage and footsteps. The room itself, especially the door to the hallway, was not sound proofed. I could hear other guests slamming their doors early in the morning but I was the only one in my party of five who noticed. -Insert light sleeper here-
On the upside, the room had a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bed was very comfortable, the air conditioning worked great, the curtains blocked the light, housekeeping did a great job and I thought the room was exceptionally clean.
Overall, for the price, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesmanager, manager at Comfort Suites Summerville, responded to this review, July 24, 2009
Thanks for the wonderful comments and I am very happy you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We welcome the comments and suggestions.

Been to Comfort Suites Summerville? Share your experiences!