“The tastiest BBQ I've ever tasted” 5 of 5 stars

(864) 515-9877
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 272 restaurants in Spartanburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
“The tastiest BBQ I've ever tasted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Found this place on our way north thanks to Trip Advisor. Otherwise we would have missed some of the best ribs ever. Service was friendly but not over bearing. Food got to us quickly and hot. We both had the BBQ ribs plate with beans and slaw. Talk about fall off the bone but its definitely finger food as you won't get a knife. Hush puppies were crispy and basic. Just what I hoped for. If you're traveling north or south, it's worth a stop. We're sure to make sure it's our list every time. The 4 stars was because it was almost empty and the kind of chow that needs company

• Visited April 2013

Ordered the Sliced Brisket, Hush Puppies, Slaw, Fries
- Cheap Eats < $7.00
- Good Service
- Overall Vinegar based BBQ flavor
- Ask for Red Rib sauce for traditional BBQ flavor (dipping)
- Not spicy, very very mild

Safe Travels!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Food was very good and they have the best service on I- 85. We had the chopped pork with slaw and hush puppies. The menu is classic southern with many of my favorites.

Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Looks scary but tastes great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was the only restaurant off the exit where our hotel was. We were starving after driving 11 hours and decided to try this instead of driving around. Our service was great and the food was even better. My husband had a combo plate with ribs and chicken. I had a barbecue salad. The rib sauce was delicious. It was not sweet and had a smoky flavor. My salad had a huge portion of barbecue and I ate every last bite. I wanted to try a dessert, but was too full. The prices were very reasonable for the portion sizes.

Visited October 2012
Winter Park, Colorado
“Great Southern Barbeque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I am from North Carolina, where Southern barbeque is an art form. This place was outstanding. You can tell that the meat has been smoked for a very long time, and the seasonings are perfect. Southern barbeque is vinegar-based, and these folks did it just right. My plate came with fries, hush puppies and slaw. I loved the slaw, too; it was the perfect complement to the port. The hush puppies were fresh out of the fryer and were simple, unadorned hush puppies--just like they should be. The waitresses were young, happy and accommodating. For $8 I got twice the amount of food I could eat. It's some of the best barbeque I have ever had.

Visited October 2012