“Hampton Sweets” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall
GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Hampton Sweets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

All in all the staff displayed Southern hosptiality and happiness. No grumpy New York attitudes lol! However, we needed a bellhop and more choices for breakfast and the sheets should be changed daily. But all in all we'd rate this hotel a 9. They need to learn how to make better coffee, this seems to be a thing in the South though, we're Northerners.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We really appreciate your comments about our Southern Hospitality. The Hampton Product and Service team is always looking at addtional options to add to our breakfast offerings and we will pass along your reqeust for more variety. Guests staying more than one night have the option of having the bed changed daily by leaving the Refresh card on the bed. We look forward to your next visit to Spartanburg.

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Impeccably clean, friendly service, fabulous bed. The pillows were wonderful! As the former head of housekeeping at a 4-diamond guest ranch, I'm very critical of any hotel. This met my high expectations. Only the typical hallway noise interrupted my otherwise relaxing room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Your comments about our housekeeping department's performance mean a lot as they are a hard-working group of individuals that aren't often recognized. We will be sure to pass this along and know it will be greatly appreciated. We look forward to your next visit to Spartanburg.
Rock Hill, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had a wonderful stay, very clean, and a very courteous staff. The breakfast was wonderful with make to order waffles, scrambled eggs with cheese and ham, grits, oatmeal, fresh fruit, and pastries. If they could have fixed the weather, I would have gave them 10 stars. Thanks!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We really appreciate your comments about our breakfast and our team members. We hope for better weather the next time you are in Spartanburg.
Glendale, AZ, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The staff was always very kind and courteous. Every morning, I could count on a smile and a genuine greeting. The rooms and lobby were kept very clean at all times. The breakfast was usually pretty good and everything was stocked and ready. I loved that the hotel was so close to were I was doing business. The mall and shopping are also very close.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be sure to pass along your ccompliments to our team members in our meeting this week. If we can be of further service please let us know the next time you are in Spartanburg.
Ann Arbor, MI, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel has plenty of smoking rooms, and does not advertise itself as such. I'm an elite member of Hilton's Hhonors program and have stayed in many Hampton Inns before and have never been assigned a smoking room despite my specific requests for non-smoking. That, plus a weak Internet connection that kept dropping out meant that not only was I miserable in my room, but I couldn't even get some work done online that evening. The front desk clerk's attitude was nonchalant and unhelpful, giving me the brush-off when I asked for a non-smoking room and telling me "third party web site bookings can't be guaranteed". I booked this through the Hampton Inn web site, and if that's considered third party then they need to change their hotel affiliation because this is one terrible hotel. I would choose any other of the many hotels in Spartanburg or drive on to the next city rather than stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We do appreciate your loyalty to Hamtpon and the Hilton brand and sincerely apologize for the poor experience you had at our hotel. While we do have smoking rooms, we try to accommodate all of our guests based on their room requests at the time of the reservation. Sometimes, due to extenuating circumstances, we cannot honor the desired room type preference.

We have forwarded your comments about the problems you experienced with the internet to our service provider for follow-up and repair. The service level you experienced with the team member at the front desk is atypical and has been personally addressed to ensure this doesn't happen again. You are certainly welcome to contact me directly if you have any additional comments or concerns. We hope we can redeem ourselves the next time you are in Spartanburg and that you will give us another opportunity.
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The new lobby is lovely, open and inviting. Only here one night but enjoyed my stay. Clean room, friendly employees,, good breakfast. Didn't use fitness center this trip but saw it had been updated. Best location in Spartanburg for restaurants and shopping and things to do.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We really appreciate your comments about our new Perfect Mix Lobby as we completed this renovation along with the fitness center, new carpet in the corridors and guest room furniture in December. We look forward to your next visit to Spartanburg.
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with our daughters travel volleyball team. Rooms were clean and quiet. The gathering room (breakfast area) was large and had enough tables to find a seat even when the whole team was there eating.

The only negative was driving access to the hotel. It was back off the main road and did not have a clear easily visible sign on the road where you should turn to arrive at the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We appreciate your positive comments about the cleanliness of the hotel and will be sure to pass these along to our Houskeeping department.

The Department of Transportation has been updating all state point of interest and directional signs and the sign with the Hampton logo pointing to Spartan Boulevard was recently replaced. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are visiting Spartanburg.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall? Share your experiences!