“Should be better!” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
“Should be better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I thought the hotel was not good value! I appreciate a nice hotel but found this hotel lacking a little and couldn't quiet put my finger on why!
The gym is nice, parking good, restaurant and bar ok but not wonderful. The hotel is best for conventions, etc. not for the individual patron. Sorry, and I like Marriott hotels!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My young daughter and I had a wonderful stay here. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Everything was first class. Fitness room excellent and Olympic size lap pool. Located in down town Spartanburg and close to malls etc. I stay at a lot of Marriotts and would recommend this one .

• Stayed July 2013
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I walked into the lobby feeling a bit grubby and tired from the day and was greeted by smiles and a helpful staff at the front desk. They were very nice and helpful when I got lost between the parking deck and my room! My room was spacious, clean and comfortable, but free internet would have been nice. Bathrooms offered coffeemaker with coffee, tea, hairdryer, lotion, shampoo and conditioner. And, yes, I still iron and was glad to find a steam iron and ironing board I could use to press my dress. Parking deck is a great asset.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was very convenient and very comfortable for my recent business trip to the area. It is close to a downtown that seems to be getting updated. New restaurants are popping up and old downtown buildings seem to be sustained by these new businesses.

The hotel itself is clean and comfortable, with updated amenities. You must pay for wi-fi, and even though they state that the lobby offers free wifi, it is somewhat spotty. But they have newly remodeled, from what they told me, and have a bar and restaurant. They also have a coffee bar serving Starbucks coffee, although they are limited as to the types of Starbucks drinks they can do.

This is a very nice hotel and convenient to the highways to get you where you need to go.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mike N, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Chris H,
As a former resident of Fort Worth, I can appreciate the vitality brought about by a downtown revitalization, so I am pleased to hear that you recognize the new businesses springing up in support of the fine efforts made in downtown Spartanburg. I am also pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel. As you noted, we have recently renovated the restaurant and bar and are completing the guest rooms as well. On your next trip, you should notice an improved wi-fi availability as we replaced a faulty access point in the lobby area.
Westminster, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

There were lots of problems with my stay there. For what you pay for a room, over $100 per night, it looks like you would have free Wi-Fi and a micro-fridge. I get those in much cheaper hotels. In the restaurant you had to ask for refills, usually several times. On the day of check out we ask for help in getting our stuff from the 8th floor to the parking garage. We never got a cart or help. I carried our stuff by hand and it took 8 trips to get all to the car. That was not pleasant. The saving grace was free breakfast for those on the 8th floor. One night we called twice for towels and wash clothes and it took an hour to get them. For what this cost, it should have been better.

Dear Kathy B,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Spartanburg Marriott. I am extremely disappointed we were not able to provide you with a positive, memorable experience on your recent visit. I apologize for not living up to the promise of providing you the comfort and the responsive service you expected and should have recieved. I am pleased you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast on the Concierge Level, and hope the event that brought you to Spartanburg was successful and enjoyable. I hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to the area, and thereby offer us another chance to show our Southern Hospitality in its righful manner.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our son is a student at Wofford College, so we have visited Spartanburg on a number of times. Spartanburg is pretty lacking in good hotels, and the Marriott is by far the nicest in town. The front desk staff is very friendly and the location is convenient for downtown. The rooms have been recently renovated and there is plenty of meeting space. With that said, it is probably a "B" level property for Marriott, but there isnt much competition in town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mike N, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear MaggieP,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your stay with us back in March. With a son at Wofford, I hope the Hotel has many opportunities to host you and your family. In time I hope that you will come to see the Hotel and our staff as "A" level, and will enjoy your home-away-from home in Spartanburg.
Asheville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I didn't have a reservation on a Wed night, and was able to get a room. Front desk staff was very nice. Ate a light dinner in the bar area and again the staff (Leslie) was fabulous. Had an issue with the AC, I turned the AC to 68 when I left to grab dinner and 2 hours later when I opened the door it was a sauna in my room. I turned down the AC to 58 (I'm surprised it went that low!) and called maintenance who came up right away. His reader said the temp was 71 deg and immediately went to figure out the issue. In a few minutes my room was cool and I was comfortable the rest of the evening. Underground parking is a nice feature, however $12.95 for internet is ridiculous, but you can connect up to 4 devices in one room for that amount. I guess if you're sharing a room, it wouldn't be bad, but for one person, one night, it seems excessive.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side over look the pool, green area.