“Don't Trust Choice Hotels Promotions” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   154 Candlenut Lane, I-85 Exit 75, Spartanburg, SC 29316   |
Ranked #14 of 32 hotels in Spartanburg
Seabrook, New Hampshire
“Don't Trust Choice Hotels Promotions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The staff was nice, breakfast was good, but the place was tired and needs some updates.

We stayed at Choice Hotels locations to take advantage of the "stay two nights and get one free" promotion. Boy did we get taken advantage of by Choice Hotels. After staying three nights at different location they told us we needed to wait 72Hrs. before our nights were credited, so we did. Then they told us we didn't have enough points, we asked what are points and Choice Hotels customer service told us to read the fine print. We asked for a supervisor and he gave us no help what so ever and quoted the company line, when we asked his name he hung up on us, Some Customer service. We will never stay at a choice hotels location again and suggest you avoid them as well.

Try the Sheraton, you may not get breakfast free, it is about the same price and what a difference in quality.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed at Comfort Inn for two nights and were pleased with our room and definitely the value. The hotel staff was very friendly and seemed happy we were there. Rooms were clean and comfortable, as well as a nice size.

Room Tip: We chose a double suite. Beds are not huge but adequate and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I called over two weeks before my trip and made reservations for two rooms that were adjoining. I was told that there were two available for the weekend I needed and asked if I preferred the adjoining room to have one king bed or two doubles. I told the lady that it didn't matter as long as they were adjoining. I needed adjoining rooms. She confirmed that I had two adjoining rooms reserved; one room with 2 adults and 1 child and the other with 1 adult and 3 children. I also asked for a military discount which she quoted me; $64/night vs $70.

Fast forward to my trip. We get there after a long day of driving and I check in, pay for my rooms, and the man gives me my keys…one room is on the first floor, the other is on the second. I said, "no, they are supposed to be adjoining. I called over 2 weeks ago and reserved adjoining rooms." He said they couldn't do it and they usually at least try to get the rooms on the same floor but they couldn't do that either. Mind you, I had already paid. It was about 9pm, I have a 5 year old, 3 year old, 2 year old, and a 5 week old who are ready for bed, and to be honest I wasn't sure if I would be able to find another hotel in the same area with two rooms for that night. Maybe I should have tried but after driving all day, I was exhausted and my children needed to get in bed. I confirmed with the man that I was supposed to have a military discount and he said that rates had gone up and what I had reserved was cheaper than the military price. I was a bit confused but decided I would check after I got my invoice at check-out. Needless to say, I didn't get my military discount and wound up paying the $70/room as opposed to the $64 that I was quoted on the phone when I reserved my adjoining rooms…which I didn't get either so I wasn't too surprised, to be honest.

All in all, everyone was nice, the breakfast was decent, wifi was good, rooms were clean, but other than having a room at all and the fact that the prices had gone up, I am not sure what the point in me making a reservation was. Will it keep me from staying there next time I am in town and need a place? Not necessarily because the area was absolutely perfect but I'll know better next time and won't be counting on getting what I asked for.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I am a Platinum member, and while that level of rewards means something at other hotels, it has very little impact at some of the Comfort Inn & Suites I stay in while I travel. Hotel room is outdated, dirty, upholstery has stains and appears dirty as well. I pulled up and was unable to pull my vehicle up to the door because employees had the Pavilion blocked and it was 29degrees outside. . I would not recommend this hotel for the minimum stay rate of $71.00. I plan to move tomorrow after my day. Average at best!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was a bit concerned after reading the negative reviews. Yes it does need a bit of an update and yes it is close to the highway and the fan was noisy. However, it is clean, the breakfast is adequate and there is plenty of parking. We have stayed here several times during our travels to visit family and will probably stay again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the parking lot side of the building.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Very nice, will return! Very clean rooms, great location, good price and nice staff. Stayed here a few times and every time has been great. The breakfast buffet was very diverse and there were several things to choose from. Both hot items and cold items were available. Definitely recommend this hotel and plan on returning again whenever I am in this area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ocala, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Dirt/dust in all corners of carpet floor. Stains on wall by bathroom light switch. Comp breakfast was minimal, Phone handset wires frayed, poor connection to call out. Mini fridge freezer had not been defrosted for awhile. About 1" of frozen water in bottom. No interstate noise because air conditioner was loud enough to drown it out. Our room was on 3rd floor. Hall smelled of smoking as left side of floor is smoking rooms and right side is non smoking.
Pro: The room was overall comfortable and clean. Beds and pillows were comfortable. Front desk gal was pleasant. For the price it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!