“Very Good Italian!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Louisville, Kentucky
“Very Good Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Oh! We really enjoyed this restaurant. Reminds me of the ones I've been in New York and MD. My mussels were perfectly cooked and the pasta was fresh. Lee B had a wonderful lasagne. The bread was homemade. Wish we had room for dessert!!

• Visited June 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Very nice experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Found the place by accident (happened to be next door to Subway) we checked Tripadvisor and sure enough it was there with favorable reviews.
The staff were very friendly, our waitress (Lisa) seemed like she was dedicated to serving us only, she kept coming to our table to get our orders in.
As soon as we sat down, we were offered hot bread n butter, and two peices of pizza bread that were delecious. The salad, cheese and galric bread (appetizer) came out shortly after that, as soon as we finished with the salad the hot food arrived! We ordered Pizza and cheese ravioli, both delecious and the pizza seemed like it just came out of the oven. Great food fast is just what we needed!
It was a wonderful experience that we would do again.

Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My family and I went to La Taverna for Mother's Day (on Saturday evening) and the visit was very disappointing. The waitstaff was bordering on rude-especially the lady who seemed to be in charge of the waiters. The food was lukewarm. I had chicken parmagiano and my daughter had a chicken/pasta dish. The meat was tough and dry. It seemed to have been sitting around all day and they threw in the microwave to heat it up. It was definitely not worth the price of the meal. I have been here before and was pleased. This was one of my favorite places to eat but it will be quite sometime before I go there again- if ever.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Spartanburg
“Italian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been a frequent diner at La Taverna. Although, with any new restaurant there are challenges to overcome, I believe that after almost 5 years in Spartanburg this restaurant gets it right. First of all the food is absolutely delicious and always fresh. The salad dressing is out of this world and can be used on almost any dish. It is so good we use it as dipping sauce for our bread and our Calamari. The owner is very passionate about his cooking and prides himself on cooking fresh food at a reasonable price. Going to La Taverna is like a mini trip to Italy. The Chef/Owner is Italian, he has an endearing Italian accent, and the decor is also in line with Italy. I did have a situation where an item was missing from my order, but it was handled promptly, politely and apologetic by the owner himself. I continue to recommend this restaurant over any other for Italian food. Buon appetito!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Carolina
“Little Italy of the South”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this restaurant, its' food, presentation, and the atmosphere reminds me of New York City. It is very exacting about how everything is done.
It is a wonderful experience either for people who have never been to an area with true Italian food and for those who have lived in an area will native Italian cooking; either way it is wonderful.

• Visited April 2013