“food is great, service is lacking” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Creperie
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“food is great, service is lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

The food here is ALWAYS outstanding, but the service is typically pretty bad. The wait staff (for the most part, we have also had some good waitresses) is slow and gets a lot of orders wrong.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nitakbiv, Owner at Mon Amie, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
First, I am sorry your service with us was slow, I will address this with our staff asap. Please let me know upon check-out if you have any issues during your visit, as we all want you to have a wonderful experience with us, and as humans sometime we may fall short. Corrections should and will be made to improve. Thanks again, and I hope you visit soon

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Crepes and Bacon.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Loved it. We have tried 6 different places for breakfast for the past three months of Sundays, always looking for consistently good food. It has been difficult. But Mon Amie Morning Cage on East Main Street will not disappoint.

The owners are no strangers to the food service industry, and their expertise shows. Presentation is wonderful. The coffee is excellent, and the bacon thick and peppery. Fruits are fresh, and the omelettes are light and fluffy.

They have something there for everyone.

Visited April 2012
Lyman, South Carolina
“Foods good...service isn't worth going back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My girlfriends and I went there for lunch. One of my friends has been there before and loves their food and warned us the service isn't good but that the food is worth it. I disagree. The food is average, not the best and not the worst. I feel like I could get a similiar meal at IHOP and get better service! The staff wasn't nice. I don't know if they don't know how to treat customers but they need to learn. Our waitress was......nice. It was as if she felt like she was better than us and didn't understand why she had to serve us. And the funny thing is, my friend who still promotes them said she's the nicest of the servers there. I'm sure people love the experience, but for the average food and uncaring service I will never go back. At the end of the day they are a restaurant in a shopping strip.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Surprise in a yellow box”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We visited Mon Amie for breakfast on Saturday morning. It is in a building that used to house a fast food type restaurant. The outside looked pretty much the same excpet for new paint. There is a new patio. The inside was a total shock. What a charming place! The menu is out of the ordinary for the area with several different Benedicts , Crepes and French toast varieties along with the normal breakfast fare. All the plates I saw go by me looked wonderful and the food we ordered was excellent. Look forward to going again.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I love to go here for a nice brunch or lunch. A delicious French cafe. Everything I've tried has been great, but it's a great place to try out one of their crepes. It's fun to sit up at the counter and watch as they make the crepes right in front of you. Make sure to save room for one of the delicious desert crepes at the end. I've eaten here many times and have loved everything I've ordered.