“Ok, but not amazing.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Ok, but not amazing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I recently ate here and the food wasn't bad, but wasn't great. I clearly heard a microwave being used in the kitchen and the food came to fast to be fresh. Some of my food was also so hot (the only kind of hot you get in a microwave). I was disappointed about that. When I go out I don't want my food microwaved. The food was average and the owner very nice. I don't plan to return and can't believe they reviews this place gets.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Quebec
“Best food in Spartanburg!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I just recently moved to Spartanburg from a big city, and since we absolutely love trying new restaurants that aren't part of a big chain, we were thrilled that we found this delicious Caribbean gem in the area. The food was amazing and tasted like a home cooked meal. We had never tried Cuban food before, and the owner was so kind to take the time to describe the different dishes which suited our taste. I had the spicy pork with a side of yellow rice, beans and a corn side dish and it was so delicious and filling. It was just spicy enough and full of flavour! My husband had the barbacoa beef with rice and beans and the yuca with mojo and he was thrilled with it as well. I also had a mango batido and it was the best shake I have ever had in my life, hands down. Finally for dessert (can you tell we stuffed ourselves??) I had the coconut flan and my hubby had a Cuban coffee and which were both absolutely delicious. Best flan I've ever had, other than my mom's :)

I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a declious and culturally unique dining experience in upstate SC. The owner is enthusiastic and welcoming and Coming from a bigger city, we were a bit worried about our food options, but having found Caribbean Sweetness was a major relief. Try it for yourself: You will not be disappointed!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic, fresh, absolutely dynamite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

This is real good food served by folks who are the genuine article. No frills, simple menu, but everything is prepared fresh by the owner, Cuban native Gaston. Save room for a batido (Cuban shake)!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greer, South Carolina
“Nice little restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stumbled across this little restaurant and have returned several times. The apparent owner is a warm and outgoing fellow. The dishes seem to be mostly Cuban and are all good. It is not fancy, but it is great place to discover some new tastes.

Visited April 2013
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

While on a roadtrip, we decided to pick the #1 restaurant on trip advisor to stop in and eat while driving through Spartanburg. We could not have made a better decision. To say the food was amazing is an understatement. This is the first authentic Cuban restaurant I have eaten at since I lived in Miami. We had a Cubano sandwich and the medianoche sandwich with a side of black beans and rice (and took a bunch of food to go also!). They have a beautiful patio outside where you can relax and drink a Kalik (for those who don't know, it's the best beer ever). My friend and I are both seasoned restaurant people and for us to say that we enjoyed this experience 100% is really saying something. If we will drive an hour to come back, you should definitely give it a chance if you are close.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere