“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Spartanburg
Kansas City
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Very nice hotel. Very clean and crisp. Breakfast was good. Easy check-in, check-out. We had a coupon for a very nice rate which makes it an even better value. Would stay here again in a minute. No complaints

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cowpens, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I got married in Spartanburg on June 21st, and booked two night stay at this hotel. I stayed at the hotel the night before my wedding day, and used the room as a central location for getting ready with my bridal party and on location hair/makeup artists the day of my wedding, and my new husband and I returned to the hotel after the wedding. Throughout the duration of our stay, the staff was very pleasant and accommodated my every need, and helped make my wedding day morning stress free! For instance, I brought wine to drink as us girls were getting ready but I forgot the wine bottle opener. The lady at the front desk was more than happy to let me borrow one..little things like that helped make our stay here so nice! Our room was very clean and smelled nice upon entering, and it was also well lit and quite spacious which allowed plenty of room for us to spread out and get ready. The complimentary breakfast was very good, and the best part was that it all came at a price that was about half what I was quoted at the Marriott downtown (which doesn't have nearly as many positive reviews). I would definitely stay here again and there's no wonder why it stays booked..a great hotel!

Stayed June 2014
Novi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I have now stayed at the Comfort Suites a few times now and it is everything but disappointing.
First night I arrived there were a bunch of contractors intern parking lot drinking and on a differnt stay had one follow me in the elevator twice and felt very unsafe.
Room was not cleaned for a few days.
Hallway was not vacuumed as a trail of crumbs was there all week.
Receptionist is more concerned about flirting with the guys than helping people.
Breakfast is horrible. Now have to bring my own or go out.
Wifi goes out every 10 mins and have to re-connect.
So I will no longer be staying here.

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed at this hotel at the last minute during a long cross-country trip based upon all the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. The hotel is better then advertised. It is new in decor and very clean. The front desk staff was outstandingly helpful and polite; gave a rate better then anything online including the website and provided an excellent dining suggestion. Free cookies in the lobby, a nice outdoor pool on a hot day, and free breakfast. This hotel is easily a 3 star at a lower price and I would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed July 2014
Conway, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

My daughter had freshman orientation which required her spending a night on campus. My first time away from her and I was a bucket of tears. Thanx to Ms Austin Comeau and her friendly spirit, she kept me smiling and made me feel so welcome. I do believe that yall will be seeing A LOT more of me in the next 4 years!

• Stayed June 2014
gm_sc333, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Spartanburg, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hello and thank you for leaving us a review!! We are glad you felt so welcome at our hotel. We do look forward to many more visits with you over the next several years and we'll always treat you well! Best of luck to your daughter as well!
Derrick, Director of Sales
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We needed to travel to Spartanburg for the funeral of a cherished family member, so the circumstances were grim. However, from my first call to Comfort Suites through our visit and checkout, I could not have been more pleased with the hotel and staff. First the hotel: very, very clean, modern and comfortable. The room was very clean and nice, and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. I've stayed at 5-star resorts all around the world, but this bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on. There is a complimentary breakfast every morning, which includes eggs, sausage, oatmeal, grits, fruit, yogurt, juices, and a host of other items - way beyond "continental" - and the staff keep it stocked so the food does not run out. Free wi-fi in the lobby - that was nice. Kids swam in the outdoor pool, and the exercise room had sufficient equipment for working out. The thermostat in the room was easy to control, and there is hot coffee and tea in the lobby 24/7. It seemed the hotel strives to make you feel as at home as possible. The hotel is also located near the mall, many restaurants and the interstate, which made things very convenient. Now the staff: My call to the hotel was answered by Austin, who assisted me with booking the reservation. She was friendly, emphathetic and kind; she made the reservation process go very smoothly; and she ended up checking us in upon our arrival. She is definitely a gem at the hotel! The rest of the staff were also very friendly and helpful, and quickly addressed any concerns or questions we had. This is a terrific hotel and I plan on staying there again on my next visit to see family!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Greetings! Thanks so much for taking the time to send us a review. I'm glad you felt right at home and that we took great care of you - it's always nice to hear!! We hope you will return to visit with us in the future and we'll take the same great care of you again!
Many thanks, Derrick, Director of Sales
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Bad layout. We had to eat breakfast basically in the lobby, just feet away from the front desk and everyone coming & going. Felt cramped. Staff & cameras all over watched everyone to the point of intimidation. Elevator carpet stayed dirty every day we were there. Cold coffee in the lobby some of the time. Like the no-smoking policy & location though.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Spartanburg? Share your experiences!