“4 Rooms in One Night” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn and Suites

You added Quality Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   160 Simuel Road, Spartanburg, SC 29303 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Spartanburg)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Spartanburg
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
“4 Rooms in One Night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

The woman at the front desk couldn't have been any nicer however...Room #1- smoke alarm beeping and no-one on staff to fix. Assigned another room and when we walked in room #2 it had someone else's bag on the bed! Room #3 smelled of mildew. Room #4 - just right.

Room Tip: Good location and value for your money.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear: K4Travelor

Thank you very much for your review. As you know, no matter how small or big a problem is, it can't be fixed unless it's brought to my attention. So I greatly appreciate you informing me of this housekeeping system issue. I will certainly research this and correct and procedures that may need a little altering. I am however extremely pleased that the front desk was friendly enough to leave you with a lasting impression. I realize that even a perfect stay can be tarnished by an unfriendly or unpleasant attitude. One thing I attempt to teach my employee's is, "The situation is only as bad as the attitudes in it." I thank you for choosing us as your Home away from Home and we wait with anticipation to welcome you back on your next visit to Spartanburg.

Kirby Mack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lexington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and will be staying there again in the near future. We got reasonable rates, a very clean room, great customer service. We generally arrive after 6pm and the evening/night staff are wonderful. The continental breakfast is good as well. The location is perfect for us since our daughter attends USC Upstate and plays softball. If you want somewhere clean with great customer service and don't want to break the bank, give them a try.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear: justplainsassy

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear about your positive experiences at our hotel. My staff and myself try our very best to give everyone a clean, friendly, and affordable place to stay whenever they are traveling to Spartanburg. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to your return. We wait with anticipation to be able to say, "Welcome Home."

Kirby Mack
Pikeville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

First of all the night clerk "Darnell" was probably the rudest person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. My air conditioner was really more of a fan, it did not cool. The ice machines were either broken or empty, either is unacceptable. The television was unwatchable due to horizontal lines in the picture. The place was "cleanish". Overall the motel is much better on the surface than it actually is. Look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Hello, my name is Kirby Mack, the General Manager of the Quality Inn and Suites. While I appreciate your review it strikes me as a bit suspicious. Some of the information left in your review doesn't match my records, such as the use of employee names and weather or not they where scheduled during your visit. I would ask that you please contact me directly at (gm.sc429@ChoiceHotels.com) or (864) 542-0333 so that we may talk about your stay in more detail. Thank you for your time.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We spent a week there while visiting family, hotel was clean and very comfortable, beds were great and the continental breakfast was awesome!! staff was amazing, I need to complete some transactions while there and they didnt hesitate to allow me access to there fax and even handled some of it for me while i was out!! very, very friendly people, will stay again! and extremely affordable when I shopped around

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing us as your home away from home. We realize how uncomfortable and lonely traveling can be which is why we try to live by the goal of making sure that every guests receives a "home" experience rather than a "hotel" experience. I am very pleased to hear that my staff was able and willing to help you out with what ever needs you had. Your feedback is very crucial to our success and I thank you for your candid review. May all of your future travels find you safe and sound. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

After reading other reviews, I thought this would be a better property than it actually was. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was nice. However, it's really run-down and passable as far as cleanliness. Not somewhere I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to earn your business and I want to thank you for taking the time to leave this candid review. We strive daily to provide every guest with a clean, well maintained and up to date room. I am very sorry to hear that our facility did not meet your expectations. We have been a Choice property for a little over a year now and are still in the process of putting all of the new Choice Q Brand Standards into effect. Hopefully in the future we will have the opportunity to earn your business once again. Thank you for your time. Kirby Mack (GM)
Ferndale, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We arrived to a nice lobby, friendly staff, and a nice spacious room. Our initial inspection revealed a clean room and nice mini kitchenette (Fridge, Microwave, counter and cabinets). The pool was nice and our kids enjoyed it. The breakfast was great offering a nice compliment of hot food(Biscuits and gravy, sausage, make your own waffles, oatmeal, toast) and cold food(cereal, muffins, breakfast bars, juices, etc). Round the clock coffee, fruit & snacks was nice. The staff was professional and helpful. They went beyond catering to our kids and us. Even when we had an issue on our last night (noisy guests jumping on floor above us....unsupervised children) did they call 3 times and sent the GM up to warn them to be quiet or leave. The only downsides: Hot hallways and elevators (we were in a 100+ degree heatwave...don't know if that affected it) and Ice machine on ground floor broken so Ice only available on 3rd floor, but was always available. Special thanks to Tara and Keniesha at the front desk who went far beyond requirement ot make our stay wonderful. THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Request an upper floor to avoid pool noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review on how we are performing. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that my entire staff went above and beyond to make you feel at home. And while it's nearly impossible for us to control the actions of our other guests and I very pleased to hear that your situation was addressed efficiently and effectively handled by the Manager on Duty. Unfortunately as noted, our ice machine could not keep up with the high demand that weekend but you may be pleased to know that we have since addressed the issue and it's back up and running, good as new. Also as noted in my previous response to an early review, we were able to find a brand new compressor that can keep up with extremely high heat index's and it has since been ordered and installed. Lastly it's great to see a special thanks left for Tara and Kanesha. I realize how blessed I am to have them on as part of my staff. And in a fast paced costumer driven business, were some people will only voice their displeasure, it's very refreshing for them to see that their efforts don't go unnoticed. Again thank you very much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This was a good hotel for a one night stop at a very reasonable price. It had the three things our group was wanted. The rooms were spacious. The outdoor pool was average, with the pool area rather spartan. The hot breakfast was good and the eating area was large enough.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a candid review. Your feedback is crucial to our success and how we operate on a daily basis. Every review, be it good, bad, or indifferent, is closely listened to. We are very pleased to hear we met your expectations. May all of your future travels find you safe and sound. Kirby Mack (GM)

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!