“GREAT staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Spartanburg
columbia, sc
“GREAT staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

I travel to Spartanburg regularly on business. I stay at the Hampton Inn because they offer the government rate for government employees. Each time I stay, there are cookies, mints, and a water bottle waiting in my room. They always call to make sure I have everything I need. No matter how many toiletries I forget, they cheerfully provide them. The location is just off the highway and about 10 minutes from downtown. The only complaint I have is that the gym needs to be updated. However, the staff is so wonderful, they really make your stay.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — the gym
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Frankfort, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

My wife and I stayed here one night while on our way to Charleston. I did quite a bit of research on-line after I figured out about where we would want to stop for the night. I gambled a little bit with this property as it only had 3 reviews and one was not good. I hit the jackpot! This place was clean and well lit when we arrived after dark. Check-in was quick and we were handed our warm chocolate chip cookie.

The warm was clean and all the furniture looked new. The bed was great! There was a college baseball team staying on the property that made me wince a bit....but we did not hear a peep. The only issue at all we had was that the ice maker was right across the hall from us and we heard every time somebody got ice.

Breakfast was a bit more than basic.....some kind of hot breakfast pizza....cerial, fruit, coffee juice..it was quick and filling. I have yet to find a Hampton I dont like and this one is no exception.

Also, the rate at this Hampton was 20+ dollars less than the other Hampton in S-burg. We drove about 6 miles off of 26 to try this property and I was happy we did.

• Liked — The Bed was great!
  • Disliked — The location was not perfect...we were traveling on I-26
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2006

This hotel was a real credit to the Hilton hotel family.
• Property: new and well-maintained, room quite clean and very nicely prepared.
• Bathroom: clean, great shower, bowed shower curtain rod prevented encroaching curtain during shower, shower head placed high on wall, good water pressure, good towels.
• Breakfast: very good selection, available 7-10 am
• Staff: very polite and helpful
Overall rating (Poor, Good, Excellent): Excellent
Highly recommended for your stay

• Stayed April 2006
Tupelo, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2005

I stayed at this Hampton on the way to the High Point fabric show. It is as nice a hotel as I have ever stayed at. The staff went out of their way to be courteous. The decor was very updated and modern. The room I stayed in was exceptionally clean and smelled fresh. It had a comfortable king bed and a divider with a sofa and coffee table on the other side to sit and watch TV. The bathroom was very clean and spotless and had a massaging shower head and plenty of amenities. All the appliances the TV and A/C unit were brand new and the A/C had an electronic thermostat, it was quiet and cool. The breakfast was just a continental one but it was fresh and tasted pretty good. Also very convenient to I-85. Overall an excellent value because of a very decent price and near-luxury rooms.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2005

We stayed at this hotel for two seperate nights, on our way to and back from Atlanta. The first night was pleasant. The second night(Room 323)was awful. The carpet was damp and sticky. Not a very good experience.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Hampton Inn Spartanburg - North I-85? Share your experiences!