“Wow! Just what I needed!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Simpsonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Wow! Just what I needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I try HARD to avoid 2 stars. I look for 2.5 stars (because of free wifi, parking, breakfast etc.) and thought all 2 star we cheap funky motels with a cheap breakfast. That being said, this hotel was fabulous! It felt like a great 2.5 star hotel. I hope ALL comfort inns are this nice. Room was very clean and very spacious. It had two beds PLUS a sofa bed, microwave and mini fridge and the hotel was tucked back from traffic in a safe location. This hotel went well beyond all my expectations and I will be looking into this brand more. Especially since options are limited when traveling with a medium dog. Dog fee was $25 not to exceed $75. I stayed with my husband, son (6), daughter (8) and our dog. And I got a great discount with my AAA. If I happen to be back in the area I'd stay again for sure! I'm glad this was the only hotel available with good review for miles around because now I feel I have one more option when traveling with my family (and we travel for work while homeschooling about 8 months of the year).

Stayed May 2014
Sherrie346, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. Often times, star ratings can mean different things depending on the site and are often based on amenities such as whether a hotel has a restaurant or bar. I'm glad that you were able to experience our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Walterboro, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Just returned from an overnight getaway to the Upstate. One of the best Comfort Suites I've stayed at in the Carolinas. Nice rooms, nice showers, nice breakfast, nice heated indoor pool, nice employees, and a super nice general manager who had suggestions for traveling the local roads around Greenville.....will return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sherrie346, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad that we were able to meet and exceed your expectation. We hope to see you again.
DeWitt, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We were very happy with our stay at the Comfort Suites in Simpsonville. While we don't visit relatives here frequently, this will be our top choice the next time we are in town.

Our room was comfortable and clean, and a good value for the price we paid. The breakfast wasn't exceptional, but certainly adequate.

As I travel I find that the definition of "suite" has eroded over the years. It used to mean two or more separate rooms, connected through a doorway, often including a small cooking area. Some hotels still have that type of suite. This one does not; the area with a sofa and the bed are separated only by a short stub of a wall. Also, there's no sink or cooking facilities (other than the mini microwave), and many true suites include them. So, from my perspective calling these rooms suites is a stretch. But just the same, we were satisfied with our stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sherrie346, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback as it helps us provide excellent customer service to all guest. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will return if you visit the area again.

I agree with you about the definition of suite. I came to the Choice brand from another hotel brand, and suite generally meant that there the bedroom was separate and there was a cooking area or sink. When I entered the Choice brand, I found that Comfort Suites meant something a little different. The Comfort Suites hotels have larger rooms, generally with a living area that has a sleeper-sofa and a desk area. Most Comfort Suites include mini-refridgerators and microwaves. In the Choice brand, and other brands that I've come across, only the extended stay brands have a cooking area with a stove or stove-top.

I understand the confusion that seeing the word suite can bring up. Suite does mean different things in different brands and hotels. We consider our rooms to be open-space suites, with amenities and space that regular hotel rooms don't have. In a sense, we feel that we define suite as a step up from a regular hotel room, but not quite at the extended stay level.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to explain what our suites mean and to reply to such a lovely review about the cleanliness and comfort of our hotel. We hope that when you visit in the future, we get to see you again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Spent the night on a visit to the family and we really enjoyed our stay. The girl at the front desk was very professional and very friendly. Our room was spotless and very spacious. Will definitely return!

• Stayed December 2013
Sherrie346, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I will pass along your kind words to my staff. We hope that we see you again when you return to the area.
Fountain Inn, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I live in Ohio and my daughter lives in South Carolina, I recently had to find a great deal on a hotel room to stay while she was having surgery and Comfort Suites gave me the best deal for 4 nights. The manager and staff are very courteous. The whole hotel is very clean and quiet. I have decided to make this hotel the one to book when visiting SC!

Stayed December 2013
Sherrie346, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am glad to here that you enjoyed your stay here and found myself and the staff to be friendly and helpful. We strive to provide great customer service to all guests and I will pass along your kind words to my staff.

We hope to see you again.

Thank you.

Sherrie
Charleston, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed one night at the Comfort Suites for a quick overnight after a college football game. The hotel was exceptionally well kept and clean. The staff were attentive and friendly. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. I highly recommend this hotel if you need to overnight in Simpsonville.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sherrie346, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We are lucky to be located in a area that is easily accessible to the Clemson Football stadium and we enjoy having fans of all teams stay here with us.

I will pass along your kind words to my staff.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sherrie Crawford

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!