“Do not stay here - they are thieves! Would give negative rating if could” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Executive Inn

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Seneca
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Do not stay here - they are thieves! Would give negative rating if could”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Was going to stay here because it is close to Clemson but changed in plans. Tried to cancel my 2 night reservation but the phone number they provided did not work. By time I finally reached them while I was on road, they refused to cancel because it was less than 24 hr notice. Then they charged me for both nights!!! Why wasn't the second canceled? They are charging me $159 for nothing! Terrible service. Stay at a hotel that let's you cancel right up to 6 pm day of check in with no fees.....most hotels have this policy but not here. Would never book here again even if last lace open!

Stay at the Hampton Inn or Marriott in Clemson they are much better. Hampton has free breakfast but train nearby. We found by leaving fan on all night we did not hear train and beds were very comfy. Friends stayed at Marriott Courtyard which they also said was nice.

So there you have it..better options and don't have to deal with thieves...even manager was no help! Very unfriendly place.....I travel every month and never have been treated this way by any other hotel!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel! Do not stay here!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
BESTWESTERNSENECA, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hello Mary,
I am surprised and very disappointed to receive your feedback, we have a cancellation policy that is mainly implemented during Clemson football season, or a third party reservation from priceline or expedia requires 24 hours reservation, could you please give me a call directly at 864-873-7856, and I will look into your reservation. I am not aware of this particular reservation, could you please provide me with your arrival date and I will personally look in to this and give you a call back

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Charleston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were pleased with Best Western .It was easy to find area attractions and gas station next door was a plus. The best place to eat is J.Peters in historic Seneca on Ram Cat Alley.The staff at Best Western was nice and helpful.It is close to Duke Energy and Lake Keowee . It is a beautiful area. Also,it is near Clemson as well as Walhalla.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BESTWESTERNSENECA, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your time to complete this feedback, we really appreciate your positive feedback, unlike a lot of hotels I personally review each and every feedback and address it to my staff. for every positive remarks they get a pizza on their break. After all it is my staff who makes this place feel like home.
Hope you would chose Best Western for your Next stay wherever you go next

sumter, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

the hotel was average, bed was comfortable, nothing good stood out that wasn't expected, staff was pleasant . . . , BUT the room rate was increased to (PURPOSELY) take advantage of the consumer. TIMES ARE TOUGH AND I FEEL THIS IS AN UNFAIR PRACTICE.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BESTWESTERNSENECA, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your time, during Clemson football season area hotel increase price due to high demand. it is purely a competitive thing and we do not feel comfortable doing this. thank you for your business.
Summerville, South Carolina, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Because of my business, I get to the hotel late and leave early. So what matters is access, shower, sleep and some coffee and a bite in the morning. Clean inside and out, courteous staff, standard breakfast fare. I wish they would brew coffee vs an ‘on demand’ coffee machine. Have used this hotel before and will use again. The price jumps up around Clemson home football games.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for your time to do the review. the price jump over football season is demand and supply situation, and every hotel in the area has higher price. we do not feel comfortable doing this but the area hotels prices drive the supply and demand situation.
Fort Mill, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was okay... The water in the shower was cold. You heard the air going on and off all night. The beds were okay. They had soap dispensers instead of bar of soaps and dispensers for shampoo - no conditioner. I just expected a little better. Breakfast was good. And it was nice to be near why we were visiting - but that's it.

• Stayed September 2013
BESTWESTERNSENECA, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your time filling out the feedback, we have all new water heaters in our hotel so I am surprised that water was cold, it is possible that hotel is full and a lot of guest are taking shower at the same time, still I apologize for this.
For your second feedback, all our bathrooms have shower gel and conditioning shampoo from best western. it help us stay green and saves a lot of waste, most importantly if there are multiple guests it helps not to be out of soap and shampoo.
we take each review and share the information in our staff meeting good or constructive.
Clearwater, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

other then the high rate from Thur. to Fri. I found this to be a very nice place to stay, The staff were very friendly and treated me very well... The rooms were clean and neat... the bed was great.... just a nice place.... will stay there again... (if its not a football weekend... that when the rate doubles ...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your response, I have personally read your survey and will take all the comments to make our place better.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Staying here on business so I can't complain on price. Beds seem fine so far, I've got a couple more days here. Wifi works great, it took no time to download iOS 7 to my iPad mini. Has a mini fridge and microwave in the economy room. When I checked in there was only half a roll of TP, but I mean that's whatever they'll replace it throughout my stay. Bathroom was mostly clean. If I have a choice, I won't stay here again. People smoking somewhere on my floor (supposed to be non-smoking hotel) and the smell is seeping out of their room. Called down to front desk and nothing really has been done from what I can tell. But that's more or less the people that stay here rather than the staffs fault. Overall, not a bad place to stay, just not to my liking.

• Stayed September 2013
BESTWESTERNSENECA, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Inn, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback, just like any other hotel from time to time some guest do smoke from time to time besides entire hotel being non smoking. we charge those type of guest fines up to $200 so that they wont do it again to any other hotel. it is a midscale to entry level hotel. there is always one extra toilet paper roll in every room, if one of our house keepers missed that I sincerely apologize for that

Thanks
Nitesh Naik

Been to BEST WESTERN Executive Inn? Share your experiences!