“Good service/food/price” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Good service/food/price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Six of us had luncheon on Monday (seated on upper level), six different entrees and all of us had
requested a minor variation to the order i.e., I ordered Chicken Sandwich but wanted mayo in lieu
of the normal dressing. Server didn't miss a beat, we all got what we wanted and we all enjoyed
our selections, although most serving sizes were a little large for a couple of us Senior Citizens.
I would say this is a very good restaurant with very good service. Seating on upper level was
a request, and it is in my view the best area. Price was very good for the quality and quantity
of food. I had not been here for about 5 years, not much has changed---and that is a good thing. Recommended!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Within walking distance to the Lowry Inn on a little street packed with bars and restaurants. J Peters is an upscale sports bar with excellent drinks, I think some of the patrons were enjoying them a bit too much.

Visited October 2012
“Good reasonable food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I ordered the She Crab Soup - it was very good but it just wasn't hot enough. So that was a turn off. I also ordered the prime rib sandwich - delicious with the loaded mashed potatoes. The loaded mash were a bit much for me - comes with a huge glob of butter, sour cream - the potatoes sat in a glob of grease. I would get the mashed again just not loaded.

Visited October 2012
Walhalla, South Carolina
“Good food big portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We went on a Friday night and the restaurant was busy. Food portions are plentiful. The salad with the dinner is a meal in itself! Restaurant is beautifully decorated. The restaurant is loud though. The bar downstairs has two tvs with the sound turned up. The sound carries to the upstairs. My husband and I were seated at a table along the wall. My seat was a bench seat that spanned the wall. Halfway through our dinner they sat another party of 4 ladies next to us with two ladies seated on the bench seat next to me. We could hear their conversation and ours theirs. So much for a quiet husband and wife dinner. Advice be specific about where you would like to sit.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Anderson, South Carolina
“bad attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I saw the owner treating a waitress horrible in front of customers! He was cussing her up one side and down the other. It was so bad I wanted to grab her hand a pull her out of there. No one shoud ever deal with that sort of treatment from anyone!

Visited March 2012

Been to J Peters? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage J Peters, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.