“Southern hospitality at its BEST” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lowry House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seneca
The Lowry House Inn
206 S. Fairplay Street, Seneca, SC 29678   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Seneca B&B and Inns
chicago
“Southern hospitality at its BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

We went to see the beautiful lakes and mountains of northern South Carolina and were amazed by the beauty we experienced. Kayaking and boating on Lake Jocassee, climbing and hiking to see spectacular waterfalls were some of the things we did while visiting the area. We couldn't have been more comfortable staying with David and Billie at the Lowry House! The accomodations were perfect. I loved soaking in the claw foot tub in the Garden room. Billie's breakfasts were delicious and nutritious. Didn't have to eat lunch the whole time we were there! Our hosts were so gracious about helping us find our way around the area. Couldn't have done it without them. You will love staying at the Lowry House. I know we did!!!
Mick and Karen
Wauconda IL

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

What a wonderful place to stay....whether you are visiting for a Clemson football game or vacationing.....this is a rare find. David and Billie really treat you like family and make sure you have all the comforts of home. Beautiful home...very clean....comfortable beds with ironed sheets....nice bath towels.....homemade cookies, tea, coffee, wine, beer. Billie should be on the Food Network.....amazing breakfast! Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

wonderful hosts, pampered us, especially elderly parents who were with me, incredible food, comfortable bed, and the best front porch complete with rockers and ceiling fans!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Cordova, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

Billie and David are wonderful hosts and cooks. Rooms and baths are comfortable. Front porch is roomy and a great place to relax with a glass of wine. Food is special....stuffed French toast, quiche, grits casserole, homebaked breads and biscuits and wonderful fresh fruit. I will be back, I hope!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
North Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

I found the Lowry House Inn on the Visit SC travel Web site. I was looking for a place upstate SC, near the mountains. Boy, was this a find. Billie and David run a GREAT B&B. Their home is in the historic district, on the register of historic places. The B&B is so inviting, and my room was awesome--great bed, great linens. The home is filled with great antiques and it's just wonderful. Make sure you bring larger pants because Billie will cook breakfast until you bust. Breakfast was wonderful, even if you aren't in to big breakfats (which I am not). Billie also keeps the B&B filled with homemade cookies and cake to eat throughout the day or night--you are welcome to sample/visit their kitchen any time. This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2009
Spartanburg, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

I am so glad that I chose the Lowry House Inn for my one night stay in the Seneca area recently. When I travel I always search out Bed and Breakfasts - boy am I glad I selected the Lowry House Inn for my recent overnight in Seneca. From the time I made the inquiry regarding availability until the moment I walked out of the door the next morning, I felt welcomed. The innkeeper/owners made me feel so at home and comfortable that I felt I had just stopped by to visit with long time friends. My room was beautiful and restful !! The bed linens were first class, mattress was comfy, lighting perfect. I give the Lowry House Inn an A + and hope to stay there again very soon.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Spring Hill, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

What an absolute treasure! My family came in to town for an emergency at the hospital. I called that morning from Tennessee letting Billie know that we would need two rooms ASAP as we were driving several hundred miles to be mostly staying there and at the hospital. We weren't sure how many days we would need, and she graciously opened her home to us and let us know that she was there for anything that we needed.

When we arrived, the peaceful atmosphere caught us by surprise! The huge front porch was perfect for the times we needed to sit and decompress. The rooms were cheerful and cozy. Billie even gave us a discount on one of the rooms because the bathroom wasn't finished yet. Anything we needed, Billie made sure that we felt welcome and "at home". We came in our first night from being at the hospital to be welcomed with fresh backed cookies still warm from the oven.

Each day, breakfast was superb and professionally made. Wow! We can't say enough. We ended up staying about 3 days and each day was cozier than the day before. If you get the chance to enjoy Seneca, I highly recommend this bed and breakfast!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to The Lowry House Inn? Share your experiences!