“Very happy with stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Santee
Orangeburg, South Carolina
“Very happy with stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel last summer. We found it to be clean and affordable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The pool and hot tub was clean and the breakfast was awesome. It is an older hotel,but is still a nice place to stay. I will stay again and have recommended it to my friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Levittown, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We booked this hotel based on price because it was just an overnight (arriving late night) stay while breaking up our drive to Florida and its proximity to I95. You get what you pay for! The staff was courteous and the full breakfast was good. The room was old! We read a few reviews that safety was a concern, after we had already booked on Hotwire, but we did not have any safety concerns. This room served its purpose for our quick stay, not recommended for any more than that.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Theresa H, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments concerning your stay at our hotel. We are currently in the process of updating our rooms, and expect to have them completed very soon. We sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Santee hotels

Waldorf, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Train ride down to Florida to drive parents back to Maryland. Santee, SC has been a stopping point for many years for my parents. We stopped at the Qality Inn & Suites just off 95. The outside of the hotel was very pretty, and the check in area was very nice. I would love for my living room to look this way one day. Nice seating area in the "living" room area, and a restaurant off of that room.

This is a pet friendly Inn, and my parents were given room 247, and I was given room 245.

Room 247 was your average room, and since it was not my room, I did not go throughout the room to check on it.

I was in Room 245 with my sister. The room smelt a little old smelling, I wouldn't say mold, but just not fresh. We immediately turn on the AC and it was not working. They had to move us to Room 235.

Room 235 was about the same. Older TV's, the remote had no batteries so we found one channel and left it alone. We were only there overnight.

What I liked.
Easy access off of 95 north/south
Comfy beds
Breakfast in the morning (a sit down) they gave you a yellow ticket for your free breakfast
Ample parking
Wendy's & Gas station you could walk to for food, etc.
Putting Green, if you are into golf
Pool (not sure if it was open for use)
Free WIFI

What I didn't like:
No fresh smelling room, but didn't smell like mold
Carpet had spots where my foot seemed to stick to... (don't want to think about that).
AC not working in first room, had to move
Spider waiting for me in the sink in the am when I went to get ready to leave.
Grounds looked like they could use some sprucing up.
Putting green could use a face lift

All in all, it was a quick one night rest stop to hit the road again. They looked like they were updating some rooms with new carpet and left rolls in a walk way. If you let little things bother you, then opt for another hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to write your review of your stay with us. On behalf of our team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we use your feedback to make improvements to ensure our guests have a pleasurable stay.

We are in the process of refreshing the rooms, and have completed phase 1. We expect to be completely refreshed very soon.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again, so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service.
Wilmington, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is a motel converted from an earlier brand and in need of some upgrading.
Rooms are mediocre with bed mattresses in need of renewal. No microwaves or refrigerators in the rooms. Heat and air is hard to regulate.
If you arrive after 11 PM, you will have to walk thru the grass and dirt and sign in thru a slightly opened window. In the name of security. If it is cold wear a coat or you will freeze while registering.
The one saving grace of the hotel, other than the easy access I-95, is the free hot breakfast. You order fro a menu and the breakfast is brought to you. The cook, who has been wioth them for years, is great. If you can cook grits the way she does, then you know your way around the kitchen.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The room stank of mold, mildew and just plain stale stuffy but at 9:30PM looking for another place was too exhausting. The A/C heat was either too hot or too cold; made too much noise to sleep well. No fridge in the room for food we carried. The few minutes we tried the TV it was impossible to watch because of the bad reception. The maids did such a hit and miss cleaning the job that the furniture was fairly dusty in several places. Metal shelves in bathrooms and closets were rusty and grungy. Bathroom floor showed dirty grout. Bad lighting over sink made it hard to see well enough to comb my hair.

LOOK FOR ANOTHER PLACE. THIS ONE ISN'T WORTH THE MONEY THEY CHARGE!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stopped here on a trip from Florida and were not expecting much more than a decent night sleep. The room was very good, and the dining room added a plus that made our stay well worth it. Ordering from the menu provided an adequate, delicious breakfast without the usual stuffing that occurs with buffets.

Room Tip: We generally choose the highest floor to avoid noise
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I can't rant. It was more than acceptable to me . We arrived late after a long day. The welcome was fine, the rate was most reasonable: $65 for a family of four with 2 beds. We slept, got up early (6am), had a very good breakfast served to us, (included in the rate) and left. The only real criticism I can offer besides the fact that this is definitely an older place in need of a facelift, is that the phone didn't work. This is not something that bothered me in the least. All in all a fair room for a fair price.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!