“Personalized Service Plus Clean, Affordable Accommodations” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Santee
GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, Florida
“Personalized Service Plus Clean, Affordable Accommodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We arrived at 11 pm, followed 20 minutes later by our son and his wife driving their rental truck plus car trailer on the first leg of their move to Philadelphia. Mr Patel had our reservations in perfect order, and when the truck-trailer arrived, he immediately stepped outside to guide the novice driver into a safe, ample parking space. Clean, quiet rooms and comfortable mattresses welcomed our weary bodies.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Very kind words, we thank you !!!.. We are happy we could accommodate you and your family especially after a trip like that. Its always great to hear that what we do make a difference and I will be sure to pass along the kind words to our staff. They are a great team and work very hard. I am very proud to be a part of such a great hotel. Hope to see you in the future, safe travels.

Kind Regards,

The Team at Econo Lodge, Santee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
West Columbia, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed here b/c had issues with the previous hotel that I stayed at in town. But I had no problems at this one. Check-in was smooth and the clerk was very nice, The room was clean and comfortable, I got what I paid for and breakfast was a continental breakfast PLUS they had HOT waffles which I couldn't make but the clerk helped me make them. It was GOOOD!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Davenport, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great experience checking in. The room left a little to be desired. Woke up at 3:00 am and saw cockroaches throughout. Had to check out.
no one at the desk so we just left. It would have been nice to at least notify someone of the problem.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I were moving from PA to FL and I ended up getting sick, so we had to stop. We chose this motel, because it was affordable and we were on a budget. The Holiday Inn wanted $150+ for the night and then a $50 pet fee. We paid just over $60 and the clerk had waived the pet fee. The parking lot is tiny, but the Dollar General next door let us park our 26ft. moving truck in their lot. Each room has its own parking spot, which is numbered accordingly and right outside the room. I like this, it makes it feel a little more secure. Our room was clean and new looking. I did not get much sleep, as I was sick, but the bed was comfortable and it was nice and quiet all night. We left early in the morning, so I do not know how the breakfast was. We dropped our keys in the slot because the office was locked when we were ready to check out. I enjoyed our stay, even though I was sick. I was actually impressed with the quality, as most Econo Lodges I see are not this nice. All of the people we encountered in this area were very friendly. We would stay again if in the area. [Please note, I work in the hotel industry, have for a few years, but not within this brand, so it's not always easy to impress me, but they did.]

Room Tip: If you need to park a larger vehicle, ask to have a room on the Dollar General side, so you can keep...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here on our way to New York for one night. We actually made our reservation using the toll free number just before checking in to get the best rate. The room was clean and comfortable (king bed); parking was right outside the door. There was a nearby restaurant, Coaster's, that was just OK. The breakfast was fine; we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed there on my family trip to Florida. I found a coupon for them from one of the visitor centers. You get everything for the price; the breakfast was good. I really enjoyed my stay, will definitely stay on here on my way back.

• Stayed June 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This motel used to be a Howard Johnson, and was an acceptable place to stay, however since they have become an Econo Lodge it is Terrible. Check-in and staff at the front desk were clueless as to how to check someone in, how to find a reservation and even didn't know how to program the keys for the room. No mention of the breakfast and when questioned, they didn't know what time it started. Could not process a credit card, then did not advise what room we were in and on top of that forgot to hand over the key. Once to the room it was dirty, smelled and had no soap and only one hand towel and a wash cloth. Bringing this to the attention of the front desk they didn't seem to care, but moved us to a different room which was even in a more depressed status than the first, We then asked to be moved again and at least had a half way decent room. Had we not made and paid for our reservation through AARP/Expedia, we would have gone on to find a different property. Unless they truly change we can not recommend this property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
sima p, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank You for taking your time and writing a review and we are sorry you stay was not enjoyable. We will take your feedback into serious consideration and act on it to improve for future and other guests. Again we are sorry and we hope to see you in the future. Thank You.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!