“Golf stay @ Hojo Santee” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Santee
GreenLeadersGold level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tampa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Old, old facility, rooms were being "updated", sorry, but it's not working.
Old, old facility, rooms were being "updated", sorry, but it's not working.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Dont stop at this hotel. The sheets n towels are dirty when they are suppose to be white. The rooms have a moth ball smell. The telephone didn't work. The free Wi-Fi is no good. I got What I paid for I guess. Take my advice n don't stay here.

• Stayed September 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights because I was a guest of a wedding, need less to say I had to go to the Dollar General across the street to buy cleaning supplies to disinfect the whole room. I had to lysol the beds as they looked as though the sheets and comforters had not been changed, in addition to washing the bath tub that had tons of hair all over the place and had not been cleaned. The water was brown when I turned it on. The towels and face cloth were supposed to be white, but they were dirty and brown. Please do not stay here, expecially if you have children, I think there are too many germs !!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Elon College, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here one night on the way to Florida. I booked the room online based on price and was not expecting the Ritz by any means. Once we got to Santee there seemed to be many similarly priced options (we pd 46$ plus tax). So I would likely stay somewhere else, just to see.
Pros: Convenient to I95. All first floor motel for easy in and easy out. Clean. Very nice lady at check-in. Soft mattress. Mini fridge in room. Non smoking room did not smell. Next door to Dollar General for snacks. Continental Breakfast.
Cons: AC was so loud I could barely sleep. Was ancient unit under the window. When the AC wasn't blasting, I could hear our neighbor's TV :(. Cheap linens and 70's decor. I did not feel safe leaving luggage in the car. It was a little sketchy feeling. No problems though. Breakfast was sparse and the coffee was grey.
All in all, I believe you get what you pay for. This place pretty much met my cheap hotel expectations.

• Stayed August 2012
Medford, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were driving from Florida to New York. We stopped at Howard Johnson's in the middle of the night when we decided we couldn't drive any more. We stopped at the Best Western down the street but they were booked. Since we stayed at the Best Western before and the stop was a good one, we didn't think going to the Ho-Jo's down the street would be different. The decor was old which is fine but the sheets were dingy and the pillow cases dirty. When getting settled in we saw roaches on the wall and one crawled on the bed toward my 7month old son. We pack up and returned the key. Unacceptable! I got a second wind and kept driving. Don't stop here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!