“Best seafood restaurant on the lake!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Summerton, SC
“Best seafood restaurant on the lake!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We love the Captains Quarters. The fish is always fresh, delicious and well prepared. The employees are nice. The dining room is lovely and actually quite elegant for a fish house. I am a "low country" girl, so my favorite dish is... of course... the shrimp and grits, yum yum! Thanks guys, keep it up!

Visited July 2012

Greenville, North Carolina
“Excellent choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Our hotel recommended this restaurant and it was a great choice! I had the sea scallops and my husband had the shrimp and grits. We couldn't stop eating off each others plates, they were both so good! The waitress was wonderful and we wanted for nothing. We will definitely plan a visit there again even if we don't stay overnight... It was that good!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“2nd Choice in Santee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The good news: it is clean and the staff is friendly. The pedigree of the fish is questionable. Flounder may be ???, etc. The atmosphere is more fast food than fine dining. The preparation and presentation is bland. But, if your looking for a convenient fish dinner at an acceptable price, this may be your place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, SC
“pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I live in Charleston, SC.....land of abundant seafood and a foodie destination. So I was hesitant to go to an inland seafood restaurant while attending a meeting at Santee State Park. The Park staff suggested Captain's Quarters, so my peers and I decided to give it a try. There were 18 of us, and we were all pleased with our food. I had crab cakes, and they were delicious......nothing but lump crab meat, a tiny bit of binder, and herbs!!! Imagine my delightful surprise!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orangeburg, South Carolina
“always a good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

great selection and food..good choice for travelers. I have never had a bad meal there and never heard anything negative at all about them..its wise to call for a table ahead of time as they may be busy on the weekends, but thats because the food is good!