“I'LL BE BACK!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Florida
“I'LL BE BACK!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Wonderful food and a great wait staff. Would highly recommend.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Odenton, Maryland
“Good choice if trying to get away from fast food during your trip.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We were staying at the Hampton Inn and decided to go across the street to this restaurant to get a break from all the McDonalds we stopped at during our drive down. We were greated by friendly staff and were seated right away. We got there at 5:30pm, and the room quickly filled up after that.

The food was good, about what I expected. I ordered the Shrimp and Grits and it was delicious. The kids ordered fish sticks and they ate it, so I can't complain. My parents ordered some fried flounder with fried oysters. My mother ordered grits on the side and loved them. My husband got their crab cakes. He said they were ok, which is a compliment considering we are from Maryland!

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Williamsburg, VA
“A pretty good meal at the end of a long day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

We stopped in Santee, SC and are staying at the Best Western Plus at exit 98. Having been in the car all day we opted for the short walk across the parking lot for dinner. We were seated immediately by friendly staff in a nice clean dining room. Both hubby and I chose the prime rib and our son was delighted to find spaghetti and meatballs on the menu. Our drinks & salad arrived quickly followed by our entree (with an appropriate breather in between). The prime rib was cooked just as we asked it and while it was a good quality cut of meat, it could have been seasoned better during roasting. It was still good and was devoured in short order. It was a little pricey for a decent travel-stop meal and the acoustics created an ambiance issue (especially at that price-point) If I had closed my eyes I would have sworn I was in a cafeteria. I would still recommend this as a good choice for dinner at this exit.

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, VA
“Middle of the Road, hoped for better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

Another traveler going down I-95. Stopped in Santee as a good stopover spot. Picked the Best Western from the reviews and pleased to see the restaurant next door. Wife and I walked over for Thursday night dinner. Not crowded so seated quickly, staff was friendly and efficient. Seafood, steaks and some Italian options on the menu. Almost as many off menu specials as well. My wife wasn't overly hungry, so she selected a house salad and the calamari appetizer as her entree. I went with the Mahi-Mahi and selected blackened as my cooking selection. Selected a sweet potato for my included starch and a house salad. Salad's came out quick. Wife had a little bit of wilted pieces. Seemed to be the normal bagged kind. Sliced tomato and cucumber also on the plate. The calamari was nothing special, pretty sure it as the typical breaded frozen type. My fish was a bit overcooked to a slightly tough state and not overly spicy like I had hoped for. Sweet Potato was on the small side and came with butter and cinnamon sugar on the side. From the reviews, I expected more, but as it turned out, Captain's Quarters was just your standard meal.

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hanover, Maryland
“Nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

Easy to walk across SC Route 6... meal good value for money; staff friendly. Worth checking out if you like seafood.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere