“The Best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Santee
The Villages, Florida
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were staying here on our way to Florida and had our plans disrupted by hurricane Sandy in New York. On the off chance that I might find a sympathetic ear at the Hampton Inn, I called and spoke to Dale Jones. Without any pleading on my part, she solved our problem. What a joy.

On top of that, the stay was great. Friendly staff. Clean, comfortable, quiet room. Good breakfast. We'll be back. Thanks, Dale. The Hampton Inn in Santee is doing it right.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dale J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santee, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. My staff and I were so happy to help. We will be looking forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
DELTONA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We took another extended trip up the eastern seaboard starting from home in Florida. This was our first stop and while the property is on the old side the beds are very comfy and the place is abit outdated but very clean. Breakfast was good and included in the price of room. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this as a stop if you are in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dale J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santee, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you so much for the nice review of our property. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We actually just started a renovation this week on our lobby, breakfast area, exercise room, and business center. We are very excited about the changes. I hope you get to come back again and can let us know what you think of the upgrades.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had not stayed at this property in santee before this trip-tho' have been here before now.This was a nice place and certainly up to Hampton Inn standards. Quiet, clean, usual bed and linens. A Hampton Inn to trust .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dale J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santee, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. We really appreciate you staying with us.
St. Augustine, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Just passing through on our way to visit some friends in NC. Price was right and more importantly the room was clean! The breakfast buffet was perfect and hit the spot... The only negative was the air-conditioning unit. Every time it cycled on the noise would wake you up, so a good part of the night my husband was up. Good thing we only had a four hour drive ahead of us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dale J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santee, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write your nice review. I am so sorry about the noisy AC. I hope you reported it to our desk so that our maintenance crew can work on it. Thanks again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife, 6month old baby and I were traveling to Florida on I 95 late at night when we had a flat tire and had to call aaa for assistance--it took them several hours to arrive and my wife had become frightened and the baby was annoyed so I asked the guy for a recommendation for a decent hotel and he said Hampton Inn-we arrived and were told the room was 109 by the guy on the front desk (Charles)-we explained what had happened and he was the perfect host-when I told him the tow driver had said the spare was good for about 50 miles he told me about a tire store in St. George SC and then went through a drawer on the desk and found a business card for a local place that said they carried tires--he said he wasn't sure they would be able to help us we were out in the country but that he headed towards St. George on his way home and that if we couldn't get any satisfaction to let him know and he would gladly give ride to St. George to see about a tire. The room he put us in was very clean and spacious and my wife felt comfortable right away-the baby even stopped fussing-the 109 was a little bit more than we were looking to pay but absolutely well worth it--breakfast was included and the was just as awesome as the rest of our untimely stay--if this is what southern hospitality is all about this guy should give lessons!! I hightly recommend Hampton Inn Santee

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review of our hotel. I am so glad to know that our staff took such good care of you and that you got your tire fixed. We hope to see you again if you should be in our area in the future.
Hazlet, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stopped here on the way to Florida from NJ. Travelling with my wife and rented a king room. Room was spacious, immaculately clean with a large tastefully designed and renovated bathroom. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Free WiFi and breakfast. Nice selection for a free breakfast with helpful attendants in a very clean comfortable dining area. As most motels on the Rt. 95 corridor it is located in a "motel alley." The location is not scenic and is next to a rather seedy looking motel.
I will definitely return on my next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dale J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santee, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you so much for the nice review of our hotel here in Santee. We sincerely appreciate that you chose us and are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. It always makes our staff proud when a guest takes the time out of their busy schedule to let others know that they enjoyed their stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This Hampton Inn is an older property but they do take care of it. If you have to stay in Santee your options are limited. I would suggest this Hampton as I have stayed here twice and can't complain. If you note that the other hotels in the area are similar in age then you can understand this is about as good as you're going to get in the area.

I do wish that house keeping wouldn't come around at 8:00am as that is to early given most are in the 9-10am range.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dale J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santee, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for staying with us here at Hampton Santee and for taking the time to write a review of our property. I hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you again in the future.

Been to Hampton Inn Santee? Share your experiences!