“Unexpected treat!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Salem B&B and Inns
Columbia, South Carolina
“Unexpected treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

A couple of years ago I travelled up to lake jocasee to complete my scuba diving certification with a dive center. A friend in the class and I decided to camp out together in tents. Needless to say it rained the entire time we were there. After the first night of being miserable, we decided to find an indoor place to stay away from the rain! Well, three pines was where we ended up. We didnt even know it was a bed and breakfast. We showed up bedraggled and wet and Dianne met us and was the most gracious host. It was literally one of the nicest places I've ever stayed! I cant say enough great things about breakfast either. You sit in a small dining area and diannes husband cooks you breakfast. Its a wonderful five course breakfast! We had fresh fruit, sausage and pecan pancakes with hashbrowns. Amazing! I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed April 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
gaffney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

One of the best B&B we have ever stay in. Great views, food, rooms, etc. Close to the most beautiful lake I have ever been on, and I have been on alot. Diane and Steve were more than accomodating. Went out of their way to make sure our stay was more than perfect. Cannot wait to return!

Greenville, sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

We just returned from our honeymoon stay at Three Pines View. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this B&B! The breakfasts were delicious with some ingredients grown by the innkeepers. The room was clean and comfortable in every way. The views are breath-taking. The value is unbelievable, and we absolutely can't wait to get back.

Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

This is a lovely place! We went to Clemson on business and wanted some place not too far to take a couple days vacation and see the mountains. Our wonderfully decorated room was very comfortable with many amenities including very comfortable king bed, a wine fridge and microwave, gas fireplace, and small private porch looking out over the mountains. The lodge has a wonderful huge porch and a huge kitchen dining area with a fireplace. This would make a great place summer or winter to stay. Both mornings they served a delicious breakfast. The hosts were very gracious and in fact went out of their way to make us dinner the second night when a work related emergency prevented us from going out. We often stay at B& Bs and this is one of the nicest we have been to in a long time. A great place for a quiet getaway.

Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

Nestled into the foothills overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains, Three Pines View offers an unparalleled stay to those who venture in. Hosts Steve and Diane Hayes provided everything we needed - spotless rooms, private balconies, roomy suites, wonderful beds. Added to that were Steve's yummy cooked-to-perfection breakfasts. Diane had two fireplaces going, one on the porch and one in the lodge, whenever we were around. Three Pines View is a gem - don't miss it!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

When I booked my trip to Three Pines View I was desperate for a serious dose of rest & relaxation. By the time I left, I had only a single regret- that I hadn't planned for a longer visit! I have so many positive things to say about this B&B, but to name just a few:
- The views are simply amazing and majestic
- The accommodations are impeccable, sophisticated, and luxuriant
- The food is out of this world; fresh, seasonal, and home-cooked with a chef's touch
- The owners, Steve and Diane, are gracious, warm, and talented in the art of pampering
The overall experience was profound. I arrived as an over-stressed, over-worked individual at a crossroads in my life and I left feeling rested, rejuvenated, and inspired. Quite honestly, this trip was life-changing for me and I will be coming back this fall to experience it all over again with a group of my closest girlfriends.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
indianapolis, indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

My adult daughter and I spent two nights at Three Pines View and we can't wait to go back. Driving through the breathtaking South Carolina mountains was a just the beginning of a lovely experience. The hosts, Diane and Steve are warm and welcoming and their focus is on providing the most satisfying stay possible - from the wonderfully appointed rooms, the fun boat ride on one of the nearby expansive and beatiful lakes, the cozy fires places both indoors and out to the delicious meals prepared by Chief Steve who could successfully feed Wolfgan Puck. We left Three Pines View relaxed, well fed and spiritually renewed.

• Stayed October 2009

Been to Three Pines View? Share your experiences!