“Great Bed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn St. George

You added Quality Inn St. George to your Saves list
Quality Inn St. George
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6014 W Jim Bilton Blvd., I 95 Exit 77, Saint George, SC 29477   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Saint George
Barrie, Canada
“Great Bed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Just off I-95 a good rest spot for travellers. Very comfortable bed and bedding. Large washroom. Micro fridge, microwave and flat screen TV. While closed at this time of the year the courtyard and pool appear to be very inviting for the summer months. Br5eakfast is better than average in a nice large dining room. Price with coupon is very reasonable. Lots of restaurants handy.

Room Tip: Court yard in summer
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
ctp0002, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn St. George, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and the great feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back.

Amy Brown
Front Desk Manager
Quality Inn, Saint George

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Riner
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Quality Inn has been updated and is a great place to stop overnight when traveling on I-95 near Charleston or Savannah. Comfy and clean, with microfridge and decent complimentary breakfast. Will stop here again when traveling. Good value!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
ctp0002, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn St. George, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel.
Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Thank you for the wonderful comments on our accommodations and breakfast. We hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Amy Brown
Front Desk Manager
Quality Inn, Saint George
Ballston Spa, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Very pleasant experience-comfortable beds, nice linens, great pillows and very convenient for I-95 travelers! Breakfast was perfectly adequate. Not sure where the poor reviews are coming from, some people just can't be satisfied, what do you expect for $60 roadside Motel?

• Stayed February 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This hotel was originally a Holiday Inn and built in the 50's. In 2000 it changed to Quality Inn. While not brand new, it was immaculately clean, in great shape with rounded shower rod, good shower, etc. It was almost as if it hadn't changed from the day it was built. Breakfast consisted of waffles, breads, cereals, bagels, etc. This is where I will stay on my next visit through Saint George.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I checked in about 6:30pm after a very long, stressful day on the road. The weather was horrid, the roads crowded, I was tired!
I pulled in and was pleased to see this hotel had an easy entry and re entry to the highway very close by. I was greeted by the desk clerk, Cynthia I believe. She was professional and gave me the rate information I requested. I inquired on the acceptance of AAA and she adjusted my rate. It's was pricey for the area but I was too tired to go any further down the highway. After I got to my room I researched and they were well above the $55 average on that strip. My rate was 80 minus the discount.
I drove around to my room and found some young folks with a large truck packing up their items from or into the room next to mine. It was hard to tell. I unpacked and immediately hit the shower. My room was a handicapped accessible room ...not sure why she gave me that. The place was not full. The shower was lousy. It has a removable hand held shower head. The water pressure was barely enough to get my hair washed. Oh well, at least the water was hot.
I ate a snack and settled in to get some shut eye. The one bed in the room was comfortable. Clean. Plenty of pillows. I turned on the tv mostly to drown out what sounded like a comedy festival in the adjoining room. The folks next door maybe deaf. They had their set so loud I could hear it word for word. Very offensive ( and I'm no prude) show. I could hear no one laughing next door. No talking or comments so I figured it was just one person, maybe in the bathroom.
I tried so hard to sleep but the tv next door was just awful. I even knocked on the wall. No result. I looked for a way to phone room to room but the phone instructions were not there. I put my headphones from my iPod in my ears, covered my head with a pillow and tried to sleep. It was fruitless.
About 1am I called the front desk and asked the gal, Kathy I think, if she could contact my neighbors and ask them to turn the tv down or off. She said she would. I heard the telephone in the next room ring a short time later. Three rings. I wondered if she could spare the energy. No answer. I phoned her back and suggested she let it ring longer. Maybe they were in the bathroom. She did so. Four rings. Really? Wow!
I phoned her again and said she needed to knock. She walked to the room and I heard her knock. No answer. She left.
I phoned her again and asked if she could just go into the room and shut it off. She said no. They are not allowed to enter a guest room. She did offer to move me to another room upstairs on the other side of the property. Gee thanks. I asked if she had considered that a guest could be injured, a heart attack, dead? I also mentioned that when I checked in they asked for my cellphone number. Could she try the guests number. She said she would do that.
A bit later I heard her knock again. This time, thank you Jesus, she opened the door and turned the television down, a bit. Apparently there was no one in the room. I could still hear the tv but it was so much better that I immediately fell asleep. About fifteen minutes later I was awoken with a screaming of a very loud telephone. It was dear Kathy, calling to see if the tv situation was better.
Truthfully I wanted to really let her have it for waking me but I let it go. Thanks Kathy. Back to sleep.
My alarm went off at 6. I was exhausted but had to hit the road. I was looking forward to the promised hot breakfast in the lobby. Praying they had some good southern biscuits and gravy!
After I packed my car, I drove up front and spoke to the front desk staff about my issues overnight.
I received a bland oh that's too bad. My request for a refund or discount for a third of a nights rest was refused.
I went in to get breakfast and found very cold stale biscuits and day old cold gravy. I took a banana and left. Angry and hungry.
So, the lesson here? Complain early.
And don't stay here.
I used to be a quality inn fan. Not anymore.

Room Tip: Drive right past.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Sleeping accomadations very comfortable. However, breakfast was horrific.
Food area filthy, coffee cold, rotten bananas. Pastry and food tasted stale, waffle machine wouldd not cook waffle all the way through.

• Stayed November 2013
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Needed a place to stay to sleep on a road trip that wasn't pre-booked. Not the best of location but easy access on and off the hi-way. Staff was prompt and helpful. Rooms are dated but I did find my bed comfortable and clean. After 8 hours on a motorcycle, I most likely would have felt comfortable in a bathtub.

Room Tip: don't expect to use the training room, not worth your time
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn St. George? Share your experiences!