“Good For Business” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good For Business”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Recently in the south Charlotte/Fort Mill SC area for business and was looking for something a little closer on the SC side than normal (usually stay around CLT airport area). Hilton Garden Inn in Rock Hill was a nice, comfortable place in a very convenient area.

The hotel is right off I77 in newer developed area. There are lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. Chili's right in the parking lot.

The hotel itself is very clean and modern for business. Check in staff was southern friendly and always greeted upon return. The lobby is modern and bright with bistro-type feel including lots of small to large tables for both lounging, work and eating. The hotel has an internal restaurant along with snacks and coffee all day long. I did not eat at the hotel but the menu was small and tended towards sandwiches and salads. Full bar and cocktails available.

The room was large with decent work desk. TV was flat screen and could have been a little bigger but was fine. Small couch and table along with king bed. Bed was FIRM but I like that. Not typical of most hotels these days. There was a noticeable hump in the middle of the mattress from most people sleeping on one side. Not a big deal. I was on the 6th floor of the 6-floor property and at the end of the hall. No noise issues.

My only complaint was my room was not cleaned one day. I left at about 8am and no one had come by, but when I returned late that night after meetings and dinner, the room was not cleaned. After that initial reaction of disappointment - it did not really make a big difference since I was alone and had plenty of towels and such. But a reason I did not rate higher. There was no note or message about a problem - they just forgot. I did not mention at the desk since I was tired and did not want a cleaning late at night. A little surprising since all else was so top notch.

I will stay here again and recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey concerning your recent stay with us. Your scores and comments are very important to us. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and the experience for our guests. I hope your stay was pleasant and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Rock Hill area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn is a nice facility. This is our second time to stay here. The beds and rooms are very comfortable. Very nice business center. The full service dining leaves something to be desired. We will pass on eating here again. Plenty for restaurants in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Your scores and comments are very important to us. I am please to hear you enjoyed the property. I hope you will give the restaurant another try on your next visit. The restaurant is new as of 2013 and we are improving everyday. Safe travels.
Greensboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill SC in April while attending training at the local SEM Products facillity a few minutes away. Service was excellent (except front desk was covered by only one person and had to call several times before someone answered). Cooked to order breakfast was great....not your usual fare for these type hotels. If you like grits, they had the creamiest grits I've ever had. Room was clean and bed was the best sleeping bed I've slept on in a hotel ever! Hotel transportation to and from training was timely. Not the easiest place to get to off 77 as it's behind a Wendy's and gas station, but we found it. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us and for your great comments Your comments are very important to us as they help us get better at what we do. I hope you and the rest of the group had a positive and productive stay with us and we look forward to serving you again on your next trip to the Rock Hill area. Thank you for your time.
Bay City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

You are immediately welcomed with a beautiful lobby and very accommodating staff. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bar area is a nice little space. It's like sitting in your kitchen; a very nice touch. I am guessing this is the place to stay in Rock Hill.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Suffolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Hotel looked very nice and clean. Customer Desk rep very good. Bed mattress was hard. I am a Hilton Garden Member and oddly, they didn't have that although my reservation was made under my number. Hotel Bill was not under my door. Talked to the desk about getting my bill and the mattress being hard and the desk manager was actually very caring and concerned. I was impressed.

Room Tip: Happy with the stay and would stay there again. (They didn't recognize me as a Hilton Honors me...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and your great comments concerning the staff. I apologize you found the bed uncomfortable. Just a reminder that all of our beds are adjustable on each side of the bed. Your business is very important to us and we look forward to serving you again soon.
Myrtle Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Wonderful stay with clean rooms and great friendly staff! At the Front Desk, Jeff Nichols and Alicia Spencer, were at the top of their game. I was in town attending a conference and they always had smiles on their faces and would go out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed. Thanks for the wonderful stay!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your great comments concerning our property and our team. I will definitely pass them along to all of the team. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed everything about your stay. We hope you had a wonderful conference and look forward to serving you on your next visit to the area.
Chuckey, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Great service offered by the staff, great recomendations for Restaurants, i will return again on my next visit to Wilmington. I went on the the Hampton Inn and had a poor Experience, Its an old Hampton and not Good

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for your great comments and for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate you giving us a try. We hope you will make your change permanent and choose the Hilton Garden Inn for all of your trips to the Rock Hill area. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you on your next visit.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill? Share your experiences!