“Very Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Augusta, Georgia
“Very Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I had not heard of Town Suites before, but booked there for Regional Track Meet host hotel. The rooms were very pleasant , clean, with good lighting ( a rarity in most hotels nowadays), and plenty large all suites with refrigerator and small kitchen. Staff were pleasant and always courteous and helpful. Breakfast, included, was excellent. All for less than $100 nightly. William at the desk was very professional.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tupelo, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were in Rock Hill for a funeral. We had never been there before and had no idea where to stay. I checked out the Trip Advisor reviews and decided this was the best place for us. It is in a good part of town with a number of decent restaurants nearby. The price was reasonable and better than others I researched. The king suite is not really big but it was plenty big enough for the 2 of us. Very clean with nice amenities. Had problems getting on the internet both days, and the desk clerk referred us to a toll free number without trying to give us additional information from the hotel itself. Spent a few minutes each time to get connected. Desk clerks were always polite even though unhelpful with internet. Bed was comfortable. Coffee pot was a full size pot and not just a 2 or 4 cup thing which is good because we are definitely coffee drinkers. Breakfast is just fair. Scrambled eggs were tasteless and would have been improved with some salsa but none was available. There was grated cheese so that helped. Second day, there were no biscuits. Both days had only sausage and no other meats. Cereal choices weren't great although they had about 5 different ones. The usual pastries, waffle machine, juices, yogurt, etc. The coffee downstairs is probably the worst coffee I've ever had (both days), and the same brand in the room was just okay. The dining area was clean and a very polite person was there at all times making sure things were kept up. All things considered, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Rock Hill, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We are a local company that recommends our other companies guest where to stay when visiting Rock Hill/Charlotte. When booking 3 rooms thru the local Rock Hill hotel they transferred me to their 1-800 reservation system. I gave them the info for the guest, my e mail, phone and my credit card to hold the rooms, but was told they would not use it but the guest credit card as they checked in.

Unfortunately, I did not get an e mail acknowledgement and the dates were inputted wrong, so when the guest showed up the correct day they told them they did not have their rooms but found one they could share since the hotel was fully booked.

Surprise to me when I got my Visa bill and they charged me for the 2 rooms, so I called the GM and he told me that it was not there fault and they did not make the booking error??? I thought Marriott was who I was dealing with, but the GM claims the ownership is not responsible for their error.

I am also in the service business and when our company gets a Customer's order wrong we do not turn the blame on the emp. or customer and say it is what it is, but make a management call and do the right thing for the Customer so they will come back.......that is why our owners give a GM the job...to call the ball. In this case the GM, valued his hotel owner's over doing the right thing for a Customer in hopes of getting future biz/wow....good luck when competitors arrive.

Hard to teach this to managers/owners that hope to successful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

First room's laminate floors were dirty, and the toilet bowl had fecal stains under the the rim! Asked to be moved to another, *cleaner* room, and it was not much better, floors were still dirty. Bed sheets looked slept in, sofa in the room was dirty, and several towels over our 2 night stay were stained! Complained to management, and the only thing they resolved was the slow draining bathtub. It's a shame, as the hotel overall is newer and "looks" clean, but they need to overhaul their cleaning staff as they obviously do not do their jobs. We will NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
High Point
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel is very clean, beds are comfortable and the free breakfast, although the usual fare, was hot and the food fresh. The only concern was the inability to use the sofa bed. The hotel is fairly new but the mattress on the sofa bed was old and very uncomfortable. As a result we had to sleep 3 adults in a king-sized bed. Like many hotels in recent years there was a scarcity of rooms with 2 queen sized beds. We are often in Rock Hill for softball tournaments and will definitely stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Don't expect to be able to use the sofa bed. This is a fairly new hotel but the mattress on the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

So I agree with most of what people are saying here. It's a modern, clean, and cozy atmosphere. The location is wonderful and the hotel is situated adjacent to a mall, walmart, and several restaurants.

Slight inconvenience with the location of elevators and stairwells being at opposite ends of the hotel... just pray you don't get a room in the center like we did.

Breakfast was average. Typical selection. Coffee was delush.

I don't know how people are stating the beds are even remotely comfortable. If you like sleeping on rocks, you're going to love it. We are in our late 20s and it took each of us 30 minutes in the morning to stretch joints out enough to walk to the elevator. I've earned the right to get a senior citizen discount with what that bed has permanently done to my back.

People stated they have an oven in their room. We had no oven. The air conditioner has a mind of its own. There are controls on the unit but they don't work. We tried to call the front desk but nobody would answer the phone.

Overall... Average. I think it's a bit overpriced. Unfortunately I will not be staying here again, the bed is doing unforgivable things to my body, and the air conditioner (or lack thereof) is winning the fight right now. It's unbelievably hot in our room.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Gary C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Rock Hill, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites, Rock Hill. We appreciate the feedback. I apologize for the issues that you experienced. In regard to the room location, the property layout is in straight "I" configuration, so the design was for the elevators to be convenient to the most number of rooms. If your room is in the middle of the building, it is at most eight doors down from the elevator, just so people have some perspective. The bedding, additionally, is Marriott's standard requirement and I have heard it be described as extremely firm, but apologize if you found it overly so.

Best wishes!
Sterling, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We decided to stay at the TownePlace Suites during a recent trip to Rock Hill, and were pleasantly surprised. Rooms were clean, bed was comfy, staff was friendly, very accommodating. We travel to Rock Hill often, have had 1 other good experience at another pet-friendly hotel and 2 very bad experiences at 2 other hotels. So I was happy to find another hotel that is clean, comfy and accept pets.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Rock Hill? Share your experiences!