“I definitely recommend this hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Beaumont, Texas
“I definitely recommend this hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This is my third stay here. My husband come to work in this area. We are staying two weeks here this time. The staff is always courteous, family & anxious to assist you. Mrs Valerie that prepares breakfast is awesome! She makes sure everyone is satified with their breakfast. She has a great cheerful personality which is really nice to be around each morning. We wouldn't stay anywhere else while n this area. Thanks to all staff members at this hotel for making us feel so at home!

• Stayed July 2013
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Rock Hill, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Grace_Baby,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel, and sorry this response hadn't come sooner!

Ms. Val is a wonderful breakfast hostess and we are very fortunate to have her on our team! We love hearing that our guests feel like our hotel is a home away from home, because that is exactly the type of atmosphere and feel we strive to create!

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back home on your next trip to our TownePlace Suites by Marriott here in Rock Hill!

Ryan Tilden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here for one night, and I had an enjoyable stay. I would stay here again. I had a "Studio" room, which was kind of small, but adequate. One thing I will say was that while there was a closet for the luggage, there were no stands inside the closet upon which to place the luggage. Another weird thing about the luggage closet was that it had two entrances -- one from just inside the door to the room, the other was in the bathroom. So, if someone was in the bathroom with a locked door, someone could still enter the bathroom through the luggage closet. That was an unusual design. Other than those things, everything else about the room was satisfactory.

The property was located close to the Interstate, had complimentary parking, and safety was not a concern. The property has an outdoor pool, and BBQ pit which could be used for grilling out. The morning breakfast was adequate, and had a good variety of hot and cold items. The staff I encountered were all super-friendly and accommodating.

I would stay here again, and I would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Rock Hill, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Hi Big80's,

Thanks for you recent in-depth review of our hotel! Like you I found the design for the closet a little "weird" on my first encounter with this hotel. However, being able to pull a bathrobe from the closet, or a t-shirt, etc, has proven to be a great feature for our guests. The studios are typically single rooms, which would offset the privacy concern of access, but I do see your point.

I really appreciate all the wonderful things you said about the breafast, BBQ area and especially the staff. We all work hard to make sure our guests have a friendly and relaxing experience while staying with us!

Parma, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We arrived at TownePlace Suites mid-way on our trip south to Hilton Head. The front desk person assigned us to a room on the third floor, which when we entered, reeked of smoke. We called down and were moved to a first floor room which was ok. Interesting that the room's A/C was on full blast and the windows were open. On the floor we found the bill from the prior occupant. So trying to figure out how that could still be there after housekeeping had cleaned the room. We gave it to the front desk folks - curious to know if they really fine people for smoking in the room. So our initial impression was not good - ad said they offered free breakfast but we couldn't see any place where that could be possible. Surprised the next morning to find a door slid open and a full breakfast including scrambled eggs, sausage, waffle maker, 2 juices, coffee, muffins, etc. So that took away some of our discomfort from the check-in experience. They also have a very nice outdoor sitting area with barbeque grills and a small outdoor pool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Rock Hill, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Favorites from Parma,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor. I was certainly surprised to hear of the challenges you encountered, and I myself would feel a bit uncomfortable had that been my experience.

Having said that, I pride myself on working with a team of individuals dedicated to exceeding our guests expectations. It is clear that there was a hiccup regarding your room and I would love to find out more information from you so as to ensure we correct whatever caused the oversight you experienced.

On a separate topic, we are happy to offer a 100% Smoke Free Environment at all Marriott Hotels, however, as you encountered, the $250.00 fee is not always a deterrent. I can assure you that we charge it, and Marriott backs us completely.

Thank you for mentioning the breakfast. I wish it could have been more of an unexpected delight, as opposed to something to "soften the blow" regarding the room experiences up to that point. My hope is that you will return and give us another opportunity to wow you with the same service and experience that dozens of past reviewers have shared with the world. If I can be of any service whatsoever, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here one night and enjoyed southern hospitality. Even though we are from NC, SC is definitely different:) Staff were attentive and helpful, accommodated a request when possible. Breakfast was nice and great. Pool onsite was really cool. Would recommend this place for anyone.

Dear Anonymous49463,

Thank you for your simple and well said description of your experience at our TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Rock Hill, SC.

We certainly pride ourselves on our Guest Services, and it's nice to hear another southerner mention and appreciate the hospitality we are so proud to share with y'all. I hope this will not be your last trip to our hotel, and look forward to being able to meet and exceed your expectations for future stays.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I am very very picky about where I stay. The choices in Rock Hill are somewhat limited. I chose this because trip advisor has never led me wrong before. We arrived at the hotel late on Friday and the gentleman at the front desk could not have been nicer. Always a good sign. We were in town so my husband could spend time with his son so my plans for Saturday were to hang out in the room. Housekeeping came by early and I had left the do not disturb on the room. When the very nice lady stopped by (after I had taken the sign down very very late in the afternoon) she said it was no problem and not to worry about it at all. The hotel is spotless. The room was the perfect size for two people for the weekend. I would certaily go back when we stay in the area again.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Drob504,

Wow, I love when I get to read reviews from Senior and Top Contributors like yourself, that mention specifically WHY they loved our hotel.

As a frequent traveler and Trip Advisor contributor, your opinion is read and relied on by thousands of potential guests. I am so thankful that you took the time to provide such wonderful feedback regarding the service and accommodations you experienced. If I can be of any service during future stays, please, consider me at your disposal.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Totally nothing northbound on I-77 (except Exit 9) until you get to this Exit 79. This approx. 4 yr old hotel is tucked between two big car dealers Toyota & Nissan and right across the Galleria Mall. The place is relatively quiet as the car dealers are closed by the time you are asleep. This area looks new and there are lots of food places/chain restaurants to choose from. Comfy & clean rooms are on the smallish side equipped with a small flat screen tv, full size fridge, microwave, top burner (the wipe-top kind) and cabinet full of dishes/pots/pans. Despite the fully equipped kitchen, they still offer a full hot breakfast with link sausages & eggs, etc.... great coffee! This would be an ideal place for longer stays. Friendly staff. Free parking. Close proximity to historic Fort Mill and Carowinds amusement park. I hope management will continue to maintain its pristine appearance and cleanliness throughout the years. Also, fill-up here! cheapest gas at $3.09 unleaded as of this writing vs. $3.47 in Florida.

Dear Minniemae,

Thank you very much for the positive and thorough review of our hotel!! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed not only your accommodations, but the local area as well. We all consider ourselves fortunate to live in such a wonderful community, and to be able to work at the self-proclaimed "Friendliest Hotel In Town" is really just icing on the cake!

It is the hope of all of us on the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Team that you will certainly come by and see us again on your next trip to/from Florida! Happy Travels until then.

florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel was perfect as a waypoint heading South. TownePlace met all of our needs. The room was well laid out with the entry point passing through the galley kitchen. The room was quiet and comfortable and a really good value for a suite. The decor was fresh and timely.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Rock Hill, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear mooselymaine, thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel.

In reviewing some of your other reviews (congratulations on being a Top Contributor with 53 Reviews!!) I noticed that you take great care in selecting where you choose to stay when traveling. This makes your choice to stay with us all the more appreciated.

Thank you again for your review and thank you for trusting our team with your comfort, cleanliness and peace of mind while traveling! We certainly look forward to the opportunity to accommodate you again on future trips to Rock Hill.

Ryan Tilden

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Rock Hill? Share your experiences!