“Poor choice” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 21 hotels in Rock Hill
Jonesborough, Tennessee
“Poor choice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

You can usually feel confident about Quality Inn & Suites, but not this time. There were ants in the bathroom, and there was a towel shortage judging by the lack of them in the room. Our room had an interior door, and a sliding glass door leading to the parking lot. We accessed our room from the glass door as we were parked just outside. On one trip out I had to chase a large rat off our patio. There was a restaurant attached to the hotel, but the sighting of the rat ended any chance of me eating there. The grounds around the outside were very unkempt.

Room Tip: I'd advise looking further before spending a night in this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
QualityinnRockHill, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We appreciate the time taken to point out the issues. We use a reputed national company for all our pest control needs and have brought your comments about ants & rat to their knowledge for an immediate action. The restaurant was also made aware of your comments and they had taken appropriate steps as well. We have made note of your other comments and are taking necessary steps to make us a better place for our guest.

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Metamora, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

this was the worst hotel experience my husband and i have had in all our years of traveling.
the room was filthy, the door to the bathroom was broken, the hair dryer had been ripped off the wall, the room was rated NON SMOKING but smelled differently and when we opened the sliding glass door to go out to the pool the "patio" was littered with cigarette butts...we were going to go to the reception desk to ask for another room but no one was there...my husband waited for about 5 minutes and then he left...after checking the room thoroughly for bed bugs and found none we stayed and slept for the night only to leave at 4am due to the "heebeejeeby's"...never again will we use a "Quality" Inn...we like Choice Hotels...but not THOSE!!

Room Tip: don't stay at this one until all the upgrade/updates are completed.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Luray, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

While I am sure that this place was fabulous 40 years ago, it's not now. Came in late after driving 8 hours. Parking was in the dark and really scary. The room was very large but not kept up. Stains everywhere, yes everywhere. Unfortunately I thought since this wasn't an Econo Lodge or No-Tell motel but a Quality Inn, it would be okay. Nope. Wasted nearly $80 for a room I didn't feel safe enough to sleep in.

• Stayed August 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I recently stayed here for a friend's wedding. Upon arriving, I was skeptical from the hotels ragged appearance. My fears were further solidified when we entered the hallway to our room. Walking to our room, we were greeted by barking dogs enclosed in nearby guest rooms. When we opened our door we were again greeted by a faint smell of musk and urine. The bathroom was despicable There was black mold under the sink where the water main had broken and never been fixed. The ceiling looked curry and as if it could fall in at any moment. The only positive of the bathroom was the newly installed shower. The bed appeared clean but closer inspection spoke otherwise. The sheet had a cigarette burn and the comforter had what might have been blood from a squished bug. Overall, it was the WORST hotel experience I'd ever had and would not recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed July 2012
Westminster, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We checked into this monstrosity on Sunday night June 17, 2012. We stayed exactly 13 minutes before running for the sake of not only our health but our sanity. Walking up the stairs to our room, we noticed that there were several empty Gin bottles and empty orange juice bottles, that should have been our first clue that this was not a place that we needed to be. Upon entering the room, and turning on the light, hundreds of roaches scattered from view. As if that was not enough, my son and I immediately began to feel a burning feeling on our feet and legs. Upon investigation, we found that our legs and feet (we were wearing sandals and shorts) were covered with what I think was fleas. After being on the road for many hours, I was desperate to use the restroom, but when I saw the condition (an inch of sludge in the bathtub, slimy film on the toilet, some substance sprayed on the back of the bathroom door) I quickly decided to just hold it. To make matters worse, I walked into the kitchenette to wash my hands, and found counters and cabinets splashed with what appeared to be a red substance (blood?). I immediately called the front desk and asked the front desk attendant come up to see the room. He also agreed that this was completely unacceptable condition to rent the room in. By this point, we had decided to simply vacate the room and try to find somewhere else to stay. I was assured that my debit card was not charged and that the reservation would be voided. Imagine my surprise when I realized a few hours later that they had in fact charged my card. After contacting my bank and involving them in the problem, I am now awaiting my refund. Contacting customer service with Choice Hotel group has let to even more frustration, and has resulted in no satisfaction concerning our stay. Their response is that this is an independently owned property, and they are not involved in any other way. Not exactly the response that I expected from a multi billion dollar company. In addition to contacting the home office, I have also made a complaint to the SC Dept of health. This place is a health hazard, and needs to be shut down immediately. As for my son and I, we are still nursing more than 50 bites that are covering our legs, feet and arms, I really hope that they do not become infected or that they might have been made by some kind of insect carrying disease. NIGHTMARE!!!!

Room Tip: there is nothing that could help this place. It needs to be bulldozed, burned and the ground salted...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Elkin, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Never again will I stay there. We stayed there for 2 nights because we were there with our softball team to play for the weekend. We had blocked the rooms a couple of months before so I felt kind of stuck plus the fact the rest of our team were staying there. I should have left after I saw the first room that they put us in when the A/C didn't work. First impressions are always right. The lady at the front desk was very nice and switched us to another room. However....I agree with most of the other reviews that I've read. The halls were hot and smelly, our refrigerator did not work, our commode ran all the time nonstop, it looked like there were boogers or poop or something on the walls in the rooms that had been there a while. I was afraid to walk around in our room with no shoes on and wouldn't sleep in the beds until I went to the big lots up the road to get disinfectant and bleach. You shouldn't have to clean your room in a motel before you are able to sleep there. The only good thing about the place was the friendly staff and the breakfast was a mediocre okay breakfast. (Thank goodness the food was free) Place needs a complete and total renovation!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just hoping all the disinfecting I did that I didn't bring home BEDBUGS!!!!

Room Tip: There's not one....sorry!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Palatka, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Staff at check in was very nice and helpful.

As far as the hotel goes, it is HUGE and reminds me of college dorms or an old hospital.

Needs some MAJOR help and updating. Outside is very dirty, in need of paint and landscape. Inside the halls are TERRIBLE and filthy. Doors to hotel are left propped open, odor in the hall and the hall walls are dirty and dingy.

I had a suite (that was all that was left to get). While it was very large, it was sparsely decorated/furnished. Bathroom was very outdated..Windows have no screens and Rm 258 door never did close "tightly"

Breakfast would have had a good variety, had they had food. Hotel was booked and at 8AM, they were out of most breakfast items. They did keep the breakfast area very clean.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!