“Dirty Room - Animal Hair On Bed, Bathroom Not Clean” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Rock Hill / Charlotte / Metro Area

You added Wingate by Wyndham Rock Hill / Charlotte / Metro Area to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Rock Hill / Charlotte / Metro Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   760 Galleria Boulevard, I-77 & Dave Lyle Boulevard, Rock Hill, SC 29730   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Dirty Room - Animal Hair On Bed, Bathroom Not Clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stay in Wyndham's on a regular basis and have stayed at this one before however this visit will be one we won't forget. We always make our reservation a couple of hours before our arrival so it wasn't like we arrived at 1AM without booking a room. The first thing that was odd, when we walked in our room the TV was on and lights in the room were on too. Then things started getting more interesting once I went to the bathroom to get ready for bed (it was 1AM and we had been driving for hours) there was a used soap sitting on the vanity, hair all over the bottom of the tub, the toilet didn't have that paper "seal" across it either. I pressed on however when I went to climb into the bed I was in SHOCK when I found animal hair (dog or cat) all over the white bed sheets up by the pillows. Flipping back the comforter found a stain that went through to the fitted sheet. It looked as if someone's pet had been sleeping on the bed. That was enough to send my husband down to the front desk to see if we could get moved into a different room. The manager came up and checked the room across the hall and switched us there. I have to say that for the amount of money we spent for our room I would have NEVER expected to be given a room that was in the condition our original room was. Yes, the manager corrected the problem by getting us into a different room but we weren't offered anything else, no reduction in rate, etc.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bridgetown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We absolutely love staying at the Wingate in Rock Hill, SC. Everyone is so helpful and friendly-especially Jeannie and Bonnie. I will go back!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Marlinton, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

Got a quote on line for King bed, quote was 93.00. arrived at hotel was put in a suite(Did not ask for a Suite) Bill under my door for 139.00 Took an hour to get it corrected next morning then arrive home and it is still on my credit card for 139.00. The desk clerk kept saying confirmation numbers were not the same but they plainly were. NOT a happy camper .When quoted 93.00 be ware, you may have a hassle. Eulah Lois Young

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel before on business. It is pleasant. I think that they need to redo the carpet in the hallways [a bit of an odor]. Rooms were clean and spacious. The workout room also has an odor and could be updated. The whirlpool has been out of service both times. Mattress could also be updated.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Rock Hill / Charlotte / Metro Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Rock Hill / Charlotte / Metro Area

Address: 760 Galleria Boulevard, I-77 & Dave Lyle Boulevard, Rock Hill, SC 29730
Location: United States > South Carolina > Rock Hill
#3 Family Hotel in Rock Hill
#4 Business Hotel in Rock Hill
#4 Romantic Hotel in Rock Hill
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate by Wyndham Rock Hill / Charlotte / Metro Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Rock Hill / Charlotte / Metro Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate Inn - Rock Hill Hotel Rock Hill
Wingate Rock Hill

If you own or manage Wingate by Wyndham Rock Hill / Charlotte / Metro Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.