“Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ridgeland
Standish, United States
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel is wonderful and has easy on and easy off from exit 33 on I-95 in SC. It has an attached Denny's Restaurant with discounts available from hotel. Food and service was excellent. Breakfast coupon good at 5 AM, not the usual 6 AM. Pets are welcome and rooms were clean, even for your precious pets. Refrigerator was larger than most hotel refrigerators, air conditioner was automatic and all appliances functioned properly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

RajVyas, Manager at BEST WESTERN Point South, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We always look forward to hearing from our guests so that we can make sure everyone receives the most comfortable stay possible. We hope you would stop and see us again, if we could further assist you in anyway, please give us a call. Have a Wonderful Blessed Day!!

843-726-8101

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

When I got to the hotel to check-in they tried to charge me AGAIN for the pre-paid room. Chasity behind the desk looked completely confused and the idea of needing a credit card for incidentals was over her head. I was checking in at 2pm and had to get ready for a wedding at 4pm. So I really didn't have much time to sit there and wait for this to get figure out. When I finally got to my room - which was more like a crappy motel, I was rushing around to get ready. I didn't really want to touch anything in the room and while doing my makeup I looked down to see ants all over the counter in my room! So I had to clean all my stuff off, kill ants, and was almost late for the wedding. Not to mention the room was damp the entire stay. In hindsight - I should have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

RajVyas, Manager at BEST WESTERN Point South, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry to hear that things were not up to standard in your room. As per discussed I have re-trained my employees in this situation and have taken care of your room. Again I apologize for not exceeding your expectations of Best Western. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Thanks and Have a Wonderful Blessed Day!

843-726-8101
West Chester, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Located just off I95 with easy on/off access.
Denny's restaurant attached next door was nice, friendly wait staff, good service but dated and could use an reno.
Check in was easy ,all staff were professional and nice.
We didn't have at&t phone service,not the motel's fault.
Price was ok I guess ,we were tired traveling south on 95.
Slept well.
It is possible to park right outside your room a big plus to me.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Okeechobee, Fl, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was a great Hotel with a great Staff and convenient to the area we were working. I would recommend the hotel to anyone that is in the area for business or pleasure. Restaurants were close and many to choose from that had great food and service was top notch. Overall a good trip and the stay made it even better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Tampa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Traveling with large dogs is always a problem as so many "dog friendly" hotels only take small dogs. We stayed in this hotel because they would take our pets. It was adequate for one night, seemed to be clean enough but I just wasn't overly impressed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Abingdon, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Located just off I95 with easy on/off access. Registration & Check-Out was a breeze. One of the best beds I slept in during this road trip.Denny's restaurant attached next door was nice, friendly wait staff, good service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I don't know if "rest stop" hotels are for me. I don't want to group them all from this poor experience. UGH!!! Pool had a greasy film on top of it, nothing like the pictures.. Pool water filthy. The bathroom was moldy, the room smelled horrible!!!!!! The vending machine was loaded with gnats. I saw a roach walking around outside. NOW THE HORROR!!!!! BED BUGS!!! One bit my son!! They were all over the place. I saw at lest 5 with my own eyes. OMG my skin is crawling as I type this. This was a nightmare!!! DO NOT STAY!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!! WE left one hour after check in. The manager had no problem giving me a refund.. We shook everything out and checked everything. Thank God we left our luggage in the car. We were on our way to Florida..

Room Tip: I wish I had photos!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
RajVyas, Manager at BEST WESTERN Point South, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. We have a contract with EcoLab for Bed Bug Prevention that we take very seriously. We have had all of our rooms inspected and treated.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 843-726-8101.

BEST WESTERN Point South

Been to BEST WESTERN Point South? Share your experiences!