“Comfortable and affordable” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Villa   |   9481 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island, SC 29585   |
St. John's, Canada
“Comfortable and affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Very nice accommodations. These are condos and, of course, the owners will decorate and furnish to suite their own tastes and needs, so each unit is different. Our condo was very well appointed with three bedrooms and four beds. The kitchen was well-stocked with dishes and utensils but space was premium when all four men were in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

This place is close to many of the golf courses in the Pawleys Island area most of which could be reached by car in less than 15 minutes. It is also close to several quite good restaurants.

We four golfers would definitely return to this place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kingsport, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

To start, This property is potentially a 4 of 5 rating if not for some of the agrivations we had to deal with.......From the beginning, I booked online but only after I called the True Blue locally to make certain motorized wheel chairs could and would be accomadated. ( The True Blue DOES NOT have elevators ) I was told yes, call back next day to assure we were given a room that could be easily accessed. I did that and was assured we were taken care of. When we arrived at check in we did have a room on the 1st floor , however it was not accessable to a motorized chair. VERY nice and accomadating host put us in a 3 br at same cost as 2 br due to their mistake. The office Manager asked me a question I can't even today 3 wks later believe I heard.... " How does he ( my son ) plan to keep his wheels off the carpet!?!?!?...." After some conversation... I was assured I would not be charged any cleaning if his wheels brought in dirt....after all it is located on a golf course..and there was no wheel chair ramp off the concret. He had to drive through the grass to access room or drive WAY down the side walk about 3 building.. ( When I got to the room the walls were scared and the carpet allready marked and dirty from golfers coming in off the course...... I reported this to her upon checkin and was told.....they knew?? ). I had no further problems after that everything was wonderful after a bumpy start... It is also frustrating to have to leave a security deposit or promose on credit card of 25.00 per person for pool passes if lost or not returned...( wristbands?)

The Good... Located on a wonderful golf course about 2 miles from beaches.....near everything and far enough away at the same time. Our Condo had many amminities of home and was one of the rooms with wifi... ( didnt know ill there..tbut do request wifi room if you desire it ) Very cozy and comfy ( Except beds...hard hard hard.. ) Even pretty well decorated .. For 99.00 per night it was a great!!! Pools clean and nice...open till 1100 pm...quiet..WOW!!!! Had nice pro shop and grounds kept very well. Even had their own security covering the grounds!

3 of 5 service due to super nice host at check in and Manager having audassity to ask about wheel chair in a room that carpets allready needed cleaning?

5 of 5 Value enough said ..for the money. Awesome!

Sleep quality 2 of 5 would have been 1 but bed was king ...hard..

cleanliness... 4 of 5 would not been so high anywere else but standards seem to drop at coastline. as I said carpets need cleaning walls scuffed.. everything else seemed clean ....most importantly sheets etc clean. cleaner than basic ocean front type rooms i've been to

Pools 4 of 5 only agrivation 25.00 per person if wrist band lost... other than that 5. even open till 1100

Would I stay again?...... Yes and plan to , However I will make certain their would be NO problems with my sons power wheelchair.

Room Tip: Ask for wifi room. ASK ABOUT WHEELCHAIR ACCESSABILITY AND TOLLERANCE if you or family member depe...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Let me start off by saying there was a creepy old man who kept meeting us in front of our door complaining to us about our towels being on the railing outside of our door (we were heading out to the pool when he made this complaint and our kids had rested the towels on the rail). He came by twice our first day there and was very rude to us and EXTREMELY rude to our children. After the office told us we had complaints, we found out the man was lying to them, and that he was the HOA President, the elderly lady at the front desk (who was also rude) must be really impressed by his "status" because she told us twice about his presidency. (Woohoo)
The service was bad. The people are rude. The rooms were pretty, but very unclean. If the place was clean, and the people nice it would be a great place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Most of our wedding party and
guests stayed at True Blue. The condos and town house were awesome! Thank you True Blue for making that part of our wedding worry/free!

• Stayed June 2011
Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

I arrived at night and the keys were in a lockbox which was hard to find.. The rooms are not noise proof and we heard the party from next door. The beds were uncomfortable. The carpet was old and discolored. There was a filthy pot holder in the cabinet. A big palmetto bug was in the bathroom - we thought it was a roach. The couch in the unit I was in was "sunk" in. There were no pots and pans in the unit. I reported all of this to the office (which left a lot to be desired) the next morning. The office staff was friendly but they need to clean up the reception space. Even the reception area was messy which was a turn off.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

Good location for a golf trip with the guys. Condos are clean and well kept but the beds are just bad. I've stayed in these condos on 3 seperate golf trips and haven't had a good night's sleep yet. Everything other than that was good however.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Been to True Blue Golf Resort? Share your experiences!