“very disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Charleston, South Carolina
“very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

prices are cheap. But I think we deserve a descent food for that price specially in the lunch menu. The fried rice was very dry, and the shrip was tasteless , no seasoning. felt like asking for a refund. We have a very good place here in Charleston, that never fails to satisfy us for that price. Compared to that place this china wok is very poor in performance. Not a very clean place either. toilet wasn't flushed and was very unclean with flies flying around.. (this happened after ordering food, therefore didn't feel like cancelling it as they have already started making them).

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Average Chinese food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Descent, cheap Chinese food. Conveniently located. Nothing fancy, not the best you'll ever have and not the worse.

Visited February 2012
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Didn't have to get refund but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012 via mobile

Back in November I wrote that the food was inedible...they claim to have a new cook/chef so it was only fair to gove them another chance. Though not as baf as before, both dishes orderd wete off imho....we threw their menu in the trash....

• 2 of 5 stars Food
“Returned for refund”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011 via mobile

Long time (5-6 yrs) customer. Think it is under new management.
Inedible....sickening

• 1 of 5 stars Food
“Never again....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have been a vegetarian for 22 years and stopped by the China Wok on 10-29-11 to place an order to go. We just moved to the area 6 weeks ago and have been getting take out on a weekly basis. I ordered meatless dinners and was shocked when I got home only to find chicken was substituted for the tofu/bean curd. I called the restaurant and was told that I had to bring the food back. No apologizes whatsoever. I took the food back and was given a new stapled shut brown bag of food and was told it was vegetarian and what I had asked for. I got home and unpacked dinner for the 2nd time only to find out that the cook gave me 2 take out containers of onions. I called the restaurant again and was told that if I wanted what I ordered, the manager would have had to go next door to the Piggly Wiggly to purchase items, so they gave me what they had. Chicken was given to me the first time as an upgrade. Needless to say, this really upset me. The manager actually had the nerve to tell me I had to come back in person if I wanted a refund. I told him this was out of the question and that he needed to refund my credit card which he told me he would do. This was never done, so I had to call my bank to dispute the charges. After seeing the bathrooms at this place and watching the preparation of the food, I also called the Health Department. This place should be shut down for cleanliness issues and if they open up again, someone should train them on customer service. What a mess…..

• Visited October 2011