“Good food nice resting place” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Greensboro, NC
“Good food nice resting place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We didn't come to Brookgreen Garden for the food, but it was nice to be able to sit and take a break in our walking tour, there is so much to see here, you need a break. The food was a bit high priced, but then you are a captive audience. It was good food but nothing really special.

Visited March 2014

upstate new york
“Enjoyable, pleasant, unexpected surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My family and I visited this restaurant while visiting Brookgreen Gardens on New Year's Eve day. We had walked around about half of the park and didn't want to take time to leave the park to get something to eat and then come back - so without having read any reviews we decided to take a chance. What a nice experience! Our waitress, Nicki, was very friendly and informative, and helped immensely with our selections. I chose the soup/sandwich combo, and paid the upcharge to get their she-crab soup. It was delicious! Although being a seafood lover, I would have wished for more crab, but what crab was there was the real deal, and the sherry flavor was superb. I'm assuming most restaurants don't load their she-crab soup with crab, so I can't really complain. The chicken salad was also very good. My 16 year old son ordered a hamburger, and at the last minute decided to be adventurous and switched his side from french fries to their cheese grits. He LOVED their grits, and it was the first time he had ever had them. I did try a bite, and they were fabulous! When I went for a second taste, he elbowed me out - haha. My husband ordered the grilled chicken sandwich, and my daughter got the signature sandwich - both were very satisfied. The atmosphere was bright, clean, and lively - nice view of the patio and surrounding trees, too. Wish we lived closer, the whole Brookgreen Gardens experience, even on a 50 degree sunny day in Myrtle Beach, was a great family memory.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pawleys island
“Burger surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Ordered the 7oz. burger. Great presentation done as ordered. Excellent price and service with a perfect venue in the garden.

Visited December 2013
new england
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stopped here for a quick bite to eat and we were pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious. Service pleasant and efficient and friendly. Atmosphere relaxing. Quite a little gem in a fabulous garden museum.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ravenel, South Carolina
“Our server Dawn was the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were at Brookgreen Gardens and decided to grab lunch. We wanted a nice sit down cafe, but were on a time constraint as we had tickets for the Canal Cruise at 2pm. We got to the restaurant at 1pm. We got seated, Dawn took our orders, got our food out quickly, and also our checks. I had the tri-salad which was chicken and tuna salad on a bed of greens and it was wonderful. My husband had the quiche of the day, Cheddar and spinich, and his was great also. We got out of the restaurant in time to make our cruise and could not have done it without the help of Dawn. Cudo's to her!!! ( and the kitchen too, who got the food out quickly too!) Great view in the restuarant of the gardens. Food was fairly priced.

Visited August 2013