“A very pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   70 Tanglewood Drive, Pawleys Island, SC 29585   |
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Pawleys Island
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“A very pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were looking for a place to stay near Brookgreen Gardens and this place popped up. We were very pleasantly surprised by the accommodation - huge apartment on the second floor overlooking the golf course so really all we saw were trees. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Breakfast was not spectacular, but it was included in the very inexpensive room rate. The furniture, including the bed and linens, was very comfortable - there were even some books and games in case we were bored! We plan to come back!

Room Tip: We had a second floor corner suite facing the golf course which was quiet and had a lovely view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Florence, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I took my wife here for the night after we fed a group of soldiers an early supper on Saturday. We arrived at the club house to check in around 6:30 to find a wedding reception going on in the same building. We were directed to our suite down the road and drove up to what seamed to be a very nice 4 unit building. Once inside it did not take long to find that while to outside looks great the inside, while large, is just cheap construction. We were disappointed with the bed's comfort, rough sheets and towels, blinds would not close completely. The morning breakfast was also a disappointment. The food was cold and not very fresh. I now understand why the rate was so low. I don't think we will return to this location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Unplanned stop on a weekend getaway. Winter rates are a great value. Comfortable and pleasant. Staff was very helpful. I play golf but time didn't permit any on this trip.(the course looked good)
We did have their sunday morning buffet and it was very ordinary. Outside of that I would happily stay on a future trip. : )

Room Tip: off season, the resort was wide open.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Georgetown, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just moved into longterm rental of a condo a month ago and must say I'm impressed by how well groomed the property is and how safe I feel in this gated community. I don't play golf, but it appears that the course is in good repair and many people enjoy the course.
Very quiet community, with most people owning homes, year round residents, retired.
Good location at South end of Pawleys, about 20 min from Georgetown to south and 25 minutes to Murrells Inlet to the North. About 1.5 hrs to Charlestown to south. All at this time of year, summer is much busier and traffic backs up throughout the area. I've lived in the area about 5 years, I am very happy here.

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in a condo (I believe they call them villas - 273-3). Spacious and nicely decorated. Great rates in the winter - especially for the size of the condo. Beautiful, peaceful wooded setting on the golf course. Only downside was that the appliances/ technology were outdated (e.g., old smaller TVs, no wireless and hard to access 3G network, old microwave, etc.). But everything was very clean, well decorated and very restful. Would definitely stay again - perfect winter getaway.

• Stayed December 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at this propery earlier this month for a one night business trip. I booked through a travel website online. When I arrived at the property, the hotel had booked my room at their sister property a few miles north. Since I had just passed the sister property on my way to Pawley's Plantation, I really didn't want to go back 5 miles. The front desk clerk promptly called the other property and had the reservation changed. I was given a standard room which was fine as this is what I paid for. However, I thought it would be nice to let potential travelers know that my room was very small with only one small window overlooking the parking lot. There was a refrigerator in the room, coffee pot and TV with cable. No desk to work at, but they did offer free Wi-Fi. There would no room for a crib, roll away, etc. in this room. Also, the bathroom floor was a little dirty. The grounds looked great lit up just enough at night to allow for walking or jogging the property. I will probably go back, but will ask for larger room with a view if staying longer than one night or with family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We first visited Pawleys Plantation for our honeymoon five years ago. We had a fabulous time and have come back for many return visits as a couple and with our children. It's the stuff of dreams. The grounds are beautiful, golf is amazing, staff is friendly and welcoming, food is wonderful. We love it! We preferred when the service before Litchfield bought them, as they just seemed a bit more genuine, but we still love it and Litchfield is doing just fine as the new owners.

Room Tip: Get the one bedroom suite, at a minimum. It is actually a condo on the fairway of one of the golf ho...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club? Share your experiences!