“Barefoot Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea View Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pawleys Island
Sea View Inn
414 Myrtle Ave., Pawleys Island, SC 29585   |
South Carolina
“Barefoot Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

The Sea View Inn is an old style beach house with none of the worries of ownership. You are right on the beach, all meals are included and the hospitality of the innkeepers, Brian and Sassy, is second to none. You can truly get away from it all with no TVs, one phone on the back porch and ocean breezes cooling you instead of air conditioning. We have been enjoying this South Carolina jewel for over 20 years.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

Our family has been coming to Pawleys Island for 33 years and to the Sea View Inn for 17 years after Hugo took away our previous Pawleys inn. All ages (3 generations) look forward to the family vacation at Sea View and about January each year we start counting the number of "sleeps" before we get there in July.

We started as NY suburban people and wondered how we would like the change from a hotel/resort/house rental vacation. It only took a couple hours to settle in - and we loved it. No meals to cook, no dressing up, no pretensions, very friendly staff and guests. However, also be prepared for a simple, relaxed, no TV, no phones in the room, no wall-to-wall carpet style vacation. If you are looking for room service, flat screens and a four page menu, Seaview is not the place for you. The meals are excellent and vary daily- but may not satisfy every taste, every day.

We recommend the ocean front or ocean view rooms for the view and the breezes but there are those who prefer the cottage rooms which have A/C. The rooms are comfortable, very clean, basic "beachy" decor (not resort) with individual half bath - you do share several individual showers.

You can do everything or nothing. The beach is about 20 yards from the deck and (even though you are literally on a small coastal island) shopping, restaurants, movies, golf, tennis are minutes away.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

We have been going there for more than 20 years. It is a wonderful place, with a great location on the beach. The food is outstanding and can't be beat especially if you love low-country cuisine. The staff is helpful and friendly. We can hardly wait until our next visit!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

Almost every year we return to the Sea View Inn with our family who love it as much as we do. The Sea View Inn is not for everyone, but it is for people like us who appreciate a low key natural ambience, lovely kind people, delicious home cooked meals, time for laughter, games, play in the ocean, sand castle building, beach bowl (a simple game invented by another long time visitor just for Pawleys), a barefoot place to dream, paint, shell, read. We have traveled the world on our own. The Sea View ranks up there with our favorite places. If you are the complaining type, the demanding type, a person who can not relax in the best of places, please don't go. The owners, Sassy and Brian, the staff, Frances, Mary, and others seem like family. A typical day might include a walk on the beach before breakfast as my husband bikes to the grocery store for a newspaper, time to read, kayak in the creek at high tide, bird watch, bike through historic Georgetown, an out door showe(r and lots of giggling with children over a game or two.The importance of a TV, computer (you can use it if you have to) and cell phone fade quickly as one listens to the rhythm of the ocean. We love going there with a large family group or just the two of us. The Sea View Inn is a treasure and will always be part of our tradition.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

My family has been vacationing at Seaview for about 30 years and it is truly my idea of a get-away-from-the-rat-race vacation. Brian and Sassy Henry have done a marvelous job at running the inn and have bent over backwards to accommodate us every year. One thing's for certain--if you like staying "plugged in" to the crazy world, can't imagine a day without CNN, and thrive on making decisions...well, this might not be your place. BUT, if you look forward to complete rest, with no decisions to make except how you want your eggs cooked, this is your place. Beautiful breezes, evenings watching the sun go down over the marsh, wonderful food, a great library to peruse, and time to talk to your new Seaview friends, and, did I mention, Rest? Heaven on earth---that's Seaview to us.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Mt. Sterling, KY40353
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

I have been a guest eleven times at Sea View Inn. I hope I never have to miss my perfect week by the sea. The food is great, the front porch view is inviting, and my ocean front room suits me perfectly. The surf sounds at night and the sea breeze make for a good night's sleep. I love the large great room with its large sofas, chairs , ceiling fans, and walls of best selling books. The staff is friendly and helpful and I look forward to seeing them each year. While crossing the causeway onto the island, my heart skips a beat and I can't wait to climb the stairs to see my good friends from previous years.
I love Sea View Inn.
Mary Clemons

• Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

June 08 was my 4th trip to Seaview and 09 is on my calendar. Every year I go the same week for a week that I anticipate all year. The feeling of welcome and attentive service is joyfully offered and consistent both all week and year to year. The inn feels like home right away with great smells from the kitchen and great people who are often 'regulars' each year...all of us having found the ideal week of summer to spend at the Seaview.

I can come and be "on retreat" and spend my solo time solo as well as join in the social moments when and as I wish. The common areas, the living room and back porch, are both a sanctuary as well as where the connection and community take place. I can always find the perfect place in the house to feed both appetites.

I"m not sure which wins out as the best part of my stay: the ocean breeze and sound of the waves in my room 24/7, the spacious and private beach showers, the (included) love-on-a-plate delicious low-country meals, the 20 seconds it takes from back door to clean, uncrowded beach or the Brian and Sassy greeting..."How y'all doin'?!" My least favorite part? Not pacing myself at breakfast and being too full for sourdough pancakes for dessert!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends

Been to Sea View Inn? Share your experiences!