We wanted to take a spontaneous trip to the coast with our kids. We had never been to this area before and found this place through the local chamber of commerce/visitors info. We got a first floor room, with the private, screened-in porch. It was still off-season, so I don't know the traffic on the beach in height of summer, but it was wonderful. We were first ones on the beach and took walks at night as well; we were right there!! Two pools on the property, a nice shallow one for younger kids and one for the adults. Although the free breakfast was slim and staff was constantly having to refill, the employee was incredibly friendly and helpful and kept a smile on his face and stayed polite throughout the rush. That means a lot to me.
The room had two queen-sized beds, allowed mom & dad one and the kids shared the other. Room was clean, when we arrived. They provided a full set of dishes, silverware, etc, a microwave and a mini-fridge, great for the leftovers. Lots of choices to dine in area, but even in off season they were busy and pricey. Did not try the restaurant or bar on-site.
It may not be a 5-star elegant hotel, but for a family of four just wanting to get away and enjoy the beach for a couple days, it was just what we were looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic South Carolina Oceanfront Resort. The hotel is situated on quiet and serene Litchfield Beach, yet only minutes from faster paced Myrtle Beach. Are attractions include Caledonia Golf and Fish Club, Brookgreen Gardens and Pawleys Plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Oceanfront Litchfield Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island
- The Litchfield Hotel
- Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island