I have stayed at the Oceanfront Litchfield Inn for several times over a period of the past 2 decades. Improvements to the rooms have been welcomed and some of the rooms have been upgraded to a high standard while others remain in need of improvement. The staff for my most recent visit was attentive and helpful. The main pool area was closed and being partially renovated which was welcomed, but access to the beach and main lobby was completely closed during this process causing a long and circuitous route to the beach which was a little inconvenient - all without notification or forewarning from the Inn.
It is the beach, however and the location of the Inn is its biggest attraction. For best experiences I have found that knowledge from the booking staff on room condition and specifics keeps expectations in line with experiences. Request the highest grade or class of room available (latest upgrades) and whether you prefer the height of staying in the Tower with their open balconies, a first or second floor direct oceanfront room with a screened porch/balcony, or other room with varied views to the ocean, swimming pools, or off-ocean larger rooms with multiple bedrooms - all adequate and accommodating for your stay.
The ocean and beach is some of the best along the northeren coast of South Carolina.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic South Carolina Oceanfront Resort. The hotel is situated on quiet and serene Litchfield Beach, yet only minutes from faster paced Myrtle Beach. Are attractions include Caledonia Golf and Fish Club, Brookgreen Gardens and Pawleys Plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Oceanfront Litchfield Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island
- The Litchfield Hotel
- Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island