“Very Nice Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oceanfront Litchfield Inn

You added Oceanfront Litchfield Inn to your Saves list
Oceanfront Litchfield Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Norris Drive, at Litchfield Boulevard, Pawleys Island, SC 29465   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Va
“Very Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is an older place but very well kept. The room was a nice size and a big bathroom. The furnishings were good and there was a balcony Would def stay again. Right overlooking the beach Did not eat at the restaurant Very quiet area

Room Tip: We stayed the the tower
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
jearlcollins, General Manager at Oceanfront Litchfield Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We would like to thank you for the positive comments concerning our property. It is so nice to know that our hard work does not go unnoticed. We strive very hard to make your visit to our Inn a positive and memorable one. We do hope that when you are visiting the Pawley’s Island/Litchfield area again that you will allow us to make your reservations and Welcome you back home

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I went to Pawleys Island on the recommendation of a friend to see Brookgreen Gardens. The Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort was nearby and I had made reservations there. I had booked their least expensive room, but when I checked in they gave me a beachfront room. Reason being that they are undergoing renovations and didn't want me to be disturbed. The room was big, brightly decorated, spotlessly clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, the dining room was closed for the season, but there was a nice Continental Breakfast in the lobby. A lovely, quiet place to stay and very reasonable in the off season. The only issue I had was with the coffee pot in the room. Upon opening it, a musty, moldy smell was very evident. Upon checking out, I mentioned it to the desk manager. Apparently, the lid was shut tight and theinterior was never allowed to dry out. He said he ws appreciative of the information and would take steps to correct it. Very friendly staff. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
The management and staff of our property would like to thank you for allowing us to be a part of your recent stay. Your kind words make us push forward even more toward our goal of Superior Customer Service. We are so glad that you had a memorable and enjoyable visit to our property. I do hope that when you are in our area again you will allow us to make reservations and continue to give to you the best service and peaceful surroundings you deserve.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We actually had 2 separate Audubon Chapters down from NC for Martin Luther King Weekend. The weekend trip was to enjoy the local birding areas. I was the trip planner for one of the chapters and chose Litchfield Inn as our base. Long ago I learned that having great accommodations is 3/4 of the mix in what makes a successful field trip. Litchfield was the perfect choice as they have rooms for any budget. I received many accolades from the 30+ members who attended the trip for choosing Litchfield Inn. In winter the continental breakfast is normally served at 7:30 am - which was our departure time each morning. The staff graciously agreed to start breakfast at 6:30 am - where can you get that kind of service these days?? Now......for the Birders that read this.....the rooms were great - I had a tower room and was able to scope the Loons, Grebes and Peeps right from my balcony. I scored my lifer Nelson's Sharp Tailed Sparrow in the salt marsh on either side of the causeway just in front of the hotel. Just doesn't get much better than that!

Room Tip: The rooms are privately owned - Tower rooms tend to be more recently updated.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
jearlcollins, General Manager at Oceanfront Litchfield Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
The management and staff of our property would like to thank you for allowing us to be a part of your Audubon group experience Your kind words make us push forward even more toward Superior Customer Service. We are so glad that you had a memorable and enjoyable experience. Your positive comments helped us realize that our area may be a great spot for bird watching.We do hope that when you are in our area again you will allow us to to be part of your bird watching experience .
Columbia, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I was traveling to Pawleys Island for business and my husband decided to join me so we could make it into a mini vacation. I booked the online winter special which included early check-in and late checkout. I also called the night before and advised that we would definitely need to take advantage of the early check-in. This would allow just enough time to check in so I could drop my husband off, he could get some work done, and I could proceed to my destination since I didn't know how long I'd be there. However when we arrived, the person at the front desk said "you're really early". I explained the advertisement and phone call and she nodded almost as if it was a common occurrence. She did see the note, but the room wasn't ready, so it really did cause us quite a bit of inconvenience.

However, we were very happy with the room (oceanfront dune with screened porch) which was large and included everything advertised, as well as dishes, glasses, and silverware. I do not believe we received an upgrade as advertised, but I'm not positive and I really didn't care too much or feel like asking, as I didn't feel the staff was overly caring or accommodating.

The view was awesome and very private. I would highly recommend the second floor because I'm not sure how well one on the first floor could see over the sea grass.

Both of the onsite restaurants were closed, but
there were plenty of restaurants, grocery stores, etc. nearby.

Landolfi's was recommend by a local. Their pizza was great, as were the prices. We also had a hot dog for lunch at Sam’s. It was a nice experience too, and the service was great there.

Back to the Inn, the continental breakfast left something to be desired and the coffee was terrible, but we just brought our own and made it in the room, so that wasn't a big deal.

Despite the hiccup, we loved being there in our room and on the quiet beach, so we booked a second night. The winter special was a great value. However, I just suggest that you call several times to verify the details if you need something specific, because there seemed to be no communication between the staff. I would still recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2013
We are very sorry that we did not put our best foot forward. We should have done a much better job of meeting your expectations at check in. Because of comments like these it will allow us the opportunity to retrain and work more diligently with our Front Desk staff to assure that this does not happen to other guests staying at our resort. We strive daily to make sure that items like this do not happen but occasionally they do and once again we apologize. We do hope that when you are in the area again you will allow us to prove to you that our service is and can be Superior.
Forest, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Visited the Litchfield Inn for a quick mini vacation in the fall. We stayed in one of the tower rooms and the view was exceptional. The room was what I would describe as shabby chic, but the decorations were whimsical and we enjoyed it. A little rough around the edges (metal on door frames and closet were rusted, area rug was stained) but the room was comfortable and well equipped. Breakfast (included) was typical, fruit, pastries, etc. There was no place to wash your feet off when coming in from the beach, so the halls and public areas were a little sandy. Overall, a nice experience and we would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Our management and staff would like to thank you for the recent comments concerning our Inn. . Your comments will allow us an opportunity to review with the owner of this unit, the expectations of our traveling public. As most of our units have been renovated, we still have a few that do not meet the standards. We will continue to strive for the complete property to be at 100% with our service and accommodations. Shower towers are provided at each walk over from the beach,these were closed for the season. Once again thank you for the comments and we do hope that you will allow us to serve you in the future.
Sumter, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was our second year spending New Years Eve at the Litchfield Inn and it was wonderful again! The views of the ocean are phenomenal, access to the beach only steps away, the room was cozy without being crowded (we had our two teenagers with us) and the only noises we heard were the sounds of fireworks and the ocean. The staff is very friendly and even called to make sure we were happy with our room once we got settled in. The complimentary continental breakfast isn't anything spectacular, but they do have a waffle maker and offered fresh fruit along with the typical bagels, cereal, etc. It was a nice spread, our family just prefers more protein than carbs for breakfast is all. We've now stayed in the Oceanfront Dunes and in the Oceanfront Tower, we were very happy with both. Over-all, as long as we live in South Carolina we will try to spend NYE (or anytime we want to spend the night at the beach) at Litchfield Inn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Our management and staff would like to thank you for the positive comments you expressed concerning our beautiful Inn. Because of comments like yours it creates excitement with our Team that all the hard work does not go unnoticed. We continue to strive to meet all the expectations of the traveling public. As you mentioned our property is clean, with great customer service and one of the most beautiful beaches in the area. We feel that the Pawley’s Island/ Litchfield area is more laid back and allows you to be in an atmosphere that is not the hustle and bustle of most Resorts. I do hope that you will allow us to serve you again when in the Pawley’s/Litchfield area.
South Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I went there for business and ended up getting deathly sick. All the staff and management were awesome. They made sure I was taken care of and if I needed anything they made sure I got it. Earl is a doll. Dawne is the sweetest, Katherine is so caring, Wayne was a gem as well. Thank you everyone for all you did. The rooms are beautiful and the view is amazing. I cannot wait to go back and actually enjoy myself.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Oceanfront Litchfield Inn? Share your experiences!