I stayed at the Oceanfront Litchfield Inn on July 2 until July 4th. After reading the reviews online I went to the Inn a day ahead and asked to see a room. They were unable to show me a room. This is understandable, being a holiday weekend. I talked to someone in the parking lot that showed me their room. I might have paid $59 for it, however, I was paying $250 !!!! I tried to cancel and could not. Upon my check in I was ungraded to an Ocean front room.... yahoo !!! The room , # 231 was old . The carpet reeked of mold, mildew and urine.
The beds however, were comfortable. We called to change rooms and could not. Again, understandable for a holiday weekend. I was also charged a resort fee ?? The location of this resort is stellar. However, DO NOT STAY there until you see the exact room that you will be in. Because my father was on his death bed I prolonged my trip. My brother booked a room and it was 100% better , except for the rusty shower curtain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic South Carolina Oceanfront Resort. The hotel is situated on quiet and serene Litchfield Beach, yet only minutes from faster paced Myrtle Beach. Are attractions include Caledonia Golf and Fish Club, Brookgreen Gardens and Pawleys Plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Oceanfront Litchfield Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island
- The Litchfield Hotel
- Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island