“Be careful what room you get” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Oceanfront Litchfield Inn

You added Oceanfront Litchfield Inn to your Saves list
Oceanfront Litchfield Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Norris Drive, at Litchfield Boulevard, Pawleys Island, SC 29465   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Kirkland, Washington
“Be careful what room you get”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I stayed at the Oceanfront Litchfield Inn on July 2 until July 4th. After reading the reviews online I went to the Inn a day ahead and asked to see a room. They were unable to show me a room. This is understandable, being a holiday weekend. I talked to someone in the parking lot that showed me their room. I might have paid $59 for it, however, I was paying $250 !!!! I tried to cancel and could not. Upon my check in I was ungraded to an Ocean front room.... yahoo !!! The room , # 231 was old . The carpet reeked of mold, mildew and urine.
The beds however, were comfortable. We called to change rooms and could not. Again, understandable for a holiday weekend. I was also charged a resort fee ?? The location of this resort is stellar. However, DO NOT STAY there until you see the exact room that you will be in. Because my father was on his death bed I prolonged my trip. My brother booked a room and it was 100% better , except for the rusty shower curtain.

Room Tip: Call direct . Do not use a third party i.e. booking buddy, expedia, orbitz etc. Austins , the res...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
jearlcollins, General Manager at Oceanfront Litchfield Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments. We strive to make sure that each of our units meets the expectations of our guests. A renovation of most of the units was accomplished in the fall of 2010 and the spring of 2011. We will use your comments for training of the staff and this will also give us an opportunity to work more closely with the homeowner to get all of these issues resolved. I do apologize that your stay was not exceptional. We do hope that when you return to the area you will allow us the opportunity to prove that what you experienced is not typical of our Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Greer, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Recently stayed at Litchfield Inn for the first time during June 2011. My husband and I had a small but adequate room, a little dated but clean and comfortable. Our 2 adult children, their spouses and 6 year old grandson stayed in one of the villas. I must admit the first villa they were given was a dump - that's all I can say. It was very old and obviously had not been maintained or updated at all. The furniture was filthy along with everything else in the room. However, the manager called us after we had settled in and asked if we needed anything. My husband told her we were dissatisfied with the villa the others had been put in. I believe the manager's name was Kim. She immediately went about trying to find another suitable villa. She then put them in the newer, clean, bright oceanfront villa with a large screened in porch. That was unexpected service and because of it, we will most likely return for a weekend getaway. Thank you! The restaurant, pool, bar, and other facilities were very nice. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Our management staff would like to thank you for the kind comments. We strive daily to go above and beyond to make sure that if our guests are unhappy about our product that we move quickly to get this resolved. Your comments prove that we have a commitment to make sure that our service and product meet the needs of the traveling public. Our policy on property to call each guest within 30 minutes of check in proves to be a valuable tool in guest satisfaction. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope that you will allow us to serve you again.
kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

First, we have been to the beach many times - normally staying at Myrtle Beach. I paid more to stay at this hotel than I ever paid ocean front at Myrtle Beach, Panama City or Daytona. Honestly, this was probably the worst room I've had, and it wasn't even oceanfront! I was very disappointed. Two of the nights I stayed were about 230.00! Oh, probably more than that because I booked through bookit.com and paid upfront. But, when we arrived, my husband had to pay 30.00 (6.00 per day) to use the "free" internet connection.

I realize it was a holiday (we left the 4th of July), but the room reserved for us was just too small. It was a "lodge" room which might be okay for 2 people, but no way should they be rented to families of 4. The small table in the room couldn't even be used to eat because there wasn't enough room to pull out the chairs. The bathroom was tiny! There was no air in the bathroom, and it was HOT.....I'm not talking stuffy...I'm talking HOT. I am the only female in my family, and when I went in there to change, I would be sweating before I could get out. The air conditioning in the room worked, but it was loud. It woke me up everytime it kicked on at night, and I'm not really a light sleeper. Oh, I almost forgot....the bed made a big popping sound anytime we got up. It wasn't really the bed, more like the mattress. It's hard to describe, but if you hear it, you will remember me writing this.

The housekeeping was okay, but they never changed our sheets in 5 nights. I didn't expect it daily, but in 6 days you accumulate a lot of sand. I think they just replace the towels and gather the used ones...and get the trash. No vaccuuming, etc.

Breakfast was just okay. Muffins, cereal, or you can make a waffle. I've seen better and worse, so it was okay.

On Saturday night they had some sort of party going on at the bar and the music and DJ were loud until very late which we could hear in the room. That didn't bother me that much, but it might others.

My kids enjoyed the pool which was always very clean. But, like most ocean hotels, people go out and put their towel on the chair at breakfast and then no one can use it all day. Some hotels enforce rules about not doing that, but this one didn't.

It's a good location on the beach, and other rooms might be better, but I wouldn't rent another lodge room even for half the price I paid.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
We are very sorry that we did not put our best foot forward. We should have done a much better job of finding what your needs were and trying to meet those. Because of comments like these it will allow us the opportunity to retrain and work more diligently with our staff to assure that this does not happen to other guests staying at our resort. We strive daily to make sure that items like this do not happen but occasionally they do and once again we apologize. We do hope that when you are in the area again you will allow us to prove to you that our service is and can be Superior.
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Wow! What a great place! Throwback to the 50's with excellent customer service, parking near your room, steps from the pool and beach. Room was poolside and was exceptionally clean. Free breakfast each morning offered a great variety of items and saved a family of five lots of money. Loved the bar and restaurant by the pool with live entertainment. Front desk staff were very helpful. Hotel was very clean. Food was wonderful and the pools were great. I was worried that the pools would be too small, but the kids loved them! It was like the kind of vacation I used to take with my family many, many years ago as a child. What a great place!

Room Tip: You want to be ocean front or poolside ONLY.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Our management and staff would like to say thank you for the positive comments concerning our beautiful Inn. Because of comments like yours it creates excitement in our management and staff that all the hard work does not go unnoticed. We continue to strive to meet all the expectations of our guests. As you mentioned this is a Fun place and one of the most beautiful beaches in the area. I do hope that you will allow us to serve you again when the Pawley’s/Litchfield area.
Jacksonville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

My husband and I picked the Litchfield Inn for our anniversary. We wanted something quiet and off the beaten path (of our normal Myrtle Beach vacations with the kids). Not far from Myrtle Beach, we were still able to enjoy the Carolina Opry(Beatlemania - a must for any Beatles fan!), Broadway at the Beach, etc with only a short drive. At the same time avoid the bustling condos of families, young adults, music and parties.
We were able to return to our nice, quiet room on the beach every night. We found the area to live up to it's own characterization "Arrogantly Shabby". Not the most modern, not newly renovated, however cozy, friendly, and a welcome sight in the morning and evening.
Pawley's Island area is a great little find - "The Hammock Shops" along Hwy 17 (south of the Litchfield) were a nice break.
The only con, that we found... it's not worth getting up for their continental breakfast, if not needed. Bagels, wholesale muffins and danishes..it will fit the bill if you're up and moving out the door in the morning, but I wouldn't set an alarm clock to make sure you make it downstairs in time.
Otherwise, we hope to return in the future, we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your anniversary and we do hope that you will make this a tradition. As you noted we are out of Myrtle Beach are but close enough to enjoy the night life that is offered in our area. We will use your positive comments as a training tool for our staff giving them the opportunity to see that our hard work has paid off. Once again thank you and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Beaufort, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I was concerned reading some of the reviews but what a wonderful hotel! Our room was upgraded and was right on the beach with a screened in porch. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We ate in the restaurant in the bar and our server was friendly and very attentive. Food was great too! Breakfast was a nice surprise. More than just coffee and pastries. If you are looking for a fancy hotel--this is not the place. But for the price and location it cannot be beat.

Room Tip: Rooms on the beach with screened in porch.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
It is with great pleasure and excitement that I read your positive comments concerning our Inn. I can see that our management and staff did put our best foot forward and you received superior service. The continental breakfast is a new item that was added in the fall of 2010. It has been a big hit with our guests. Most of our units are ocean front and the views are exceptional. I do hope that you will allow us to become your Home a-way from home when making reservations in the Future.
North Central Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

We loved it. Very reasonable rate. Direct access to the ocean and nice pools on site. Also a great little cabana bar with good food (a little pricey).

The room was clean, housekeeping staff very friendly and accommodating with extra towels, washcloths, etc.

Parking near your room is hard to get, but there is a free lot across the street. Great nearby including Lindolfi's Deli, Quigley's Pint and Plate.

We did get one phone call via the room landline and it turned out to be some kind of marketer (probably a timeshare company). Just be sure it is actually the front desk calling and not these people, and don't give them any personal info.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for the positive comments concerning our property. It is so nice to know that our hard work does not go unnoticed. We strive very hard to make your visit to our Inn a positive and memorable one. We do hope that when you are visiting the Pawley’s Island/Litchfield area again that you will allow us to make your reservations and Welcome you back home.

Been to Oceanfront Litchfield Inn? Share your experiences!