“Large complex on Beautiful Grounds” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort

You added Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14276 Ocean Hwy, 2 mi north of Pawleys Island (Drawer 320, Pawleys Island, SC 29585   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
30% OFF + Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Columbia, South Carolina
“Large complex on Beautiful Grounds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at the Seaside Inn. 3 1/2 stars. We got a great price due to a little research ($78 per night) so we really can't complain. The room was small but adequate, although we were very disappointed at having no balcony where we could enjoy the night air and atmosphere in private. Strictly a place to sleep after a full day enjoying the beach, Brookgreen Gardens, and the Seafood restaurants. We could not see or hear the ocean from our room. It was a short drive or trolley ride to the Atlantic. The beach house was fine but the indoor facility was locked. We were a short walk away from the pool, which was fine, but pretty small considering the luxury and size of the resort. Check in was fast and pleasant.

Room Tip: Seaside Inn is for those that value price over atmosphere. You may want to pay a bit more to at lea...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed on the 3rd floor, overlooking the lake, not the pool. Loved the pool with kid area (cool yellow submarine water feature!) and lazy river - regular 3 ft pool and 2 jacuzzis. When we were there one jacuzzi was not heated and the bubbles with no heat on a hot day felt great! I loved that there was a golf cart shuttle right at the pool that would take you to the beach, though we never used it.
Check in was easy and fast, for once all the information I filled out online was already in their system - other hotels have not always done that for me with on online reservation. Although my TripAdvisor reservation told me the check in desk would close around 1 am, when I arrived I was told there is someone there 24/7. I was given a map and given very good directions to get to my room, as well as extra keys (3 of us were staying in the room) and a guest pass to the Piggly Wiggly grocery store across the way. We were also given a hang tag for my car so we could access the main part of the Resort/beach access.
The elevator was a little slow, but I've definitely been in worse.
Our room was very comfortable, nice full kitchen, bathroom access from kitchen/living room area as well as bedroom, in case anyone is staying on the pull out couch. There was a dust pan and broom but no vacuum. (With housekeeping service, vacuum not really needed). A nice assortment of pots, pans, utensils and measuring cups/spoons. Dishwasher with daily packs of dish detergent. I went out and bought dish soap to hand wash things. Paper towel and toilet paper were provided, along with towels and linens.
We were alarmed at the sign by the lake about not feeding the alligator, but we never saw any alligator. Instead we were thrilled to see lots of turtles in the lake (some people fed those) as well as an assortment of (stray?) cats.
We never went to Websters, eating breakfast in our room instead, and were gone most of the day visiting friends and going to Myrtle Beach. Every night we drove down to the Beach Club (everything was closed, including the bathrooms, but the foot showers were on and beach access was open) and walked the beach for awhile and waded in the water.
All employees we encountered were friendly and helpful and I would definitely go here again.

Room Tip: Pool closes at 10 pm, rooms overlooking it might be disturbed by noise, but with our A/C on I rarely...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay at Litchfield. I stayed in Summerhouse. The beach was wonderful, and not super far. They had shuttles, a fairly easy driving route, and the walk was a little long, but still under a mile. The pool was really fun for all ages, especially the lazy river. The room had a full kitchen and a separate bedroom, which helped if you needed to stay up without bothering the people trying to sleep. You got a complementary discount card to Piggly Wiggly, which was close by. I think families traveling with teenagers would enjoy this.

Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in 19b a two bedroom villa. No scenic view as you face a tree and brush covering the water. Its a bit far to the ocean as you will need to take a shuttle or drive around to the back which is a drive to go.

The place has everything to stay long term but the beds are not firm and show use. The worst part about it is check in is at 4 and you must be out by 11am. No point in a one night stay as you really are limited at doing anything and for the price you can stay at better places if for a night getaway.

• Stayed August 2013
Colchester, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Top of the line , the most beautiful & comfortable place I ever stayed in . Two pools , a hot tub , & a jacuzzi one ft deep for little ones . The beach was beautiful , the ocean temp was perfect . People were very friendly . The Young Lady that cared for the place the first few days we were there was Such a beautiful person , I feel bad I didn't get her name . We left something for her hope she got it. If I could I would go higher than 5 stars - my personal opinion .this place was high end design, comfortable beds,very clean , & just AWESOME !

Room Tip: Ocean front view, & view of the smaller pool which was the one I liked . Easy access to beach .
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort. It was about 30 min South of the Myrtle Beach Convention Center. Check-in was very efficient and friendly. We stayed at Seaside to keep the cost down. It was a 5 min ride to the beach club. When we return with our three girls, we will get a larger place on the beach. The Seaside room was very similar to what you would get at a Hampton Inn, nothing fancy, but we only slept and showered there.

The beach was beautiful. All sand and very clean. Very few shells. Very clam surf. We did see dolphins a few times. We spent the majority of out time at the beach, as it was nicer than the pools. They have a drop off area for you to unload the car with chairs, coolers, beach bag, umbrella with makes it easy to stay a little further from the beach without feeling like a mule carrying everything.

The pools were ok...lots of kids activities. We spent a little time there, but much more on the beach.

Websters (restaurant) had a great breakfast buffet. Made to order eggs, waffles, pancakes, bacon, sausage, grits, fresh fruit...very nice and efficient. They have outdoor seating on a lake as well.

We had outstanding food in the area. Right across the street is a Piggly Wiggly. Massey Pizza is terrific. We ate pizza there twice, and they have a great salad bar. Very thin crust and crunchy, just how we like it. A pepperoni pizza comes so full of pepperoni you cant take a bite without getting a slice of it. One day we picked up a pizza to take to the pool and it was great. This is one of the nicest pizza shops I have ever been in, and is extremely clean. For dinner, try Pawleys Island Tavern. Its not advertised, and is a local dive. It has live music outside on the deck under large oaks with a tiki bar and torches for lighting. The food was incredible. It was so good we ate there Fri for dinner, and returned Sat and ordered the exact same thing, Peel and Eat Shrimp and Blackened Wahoo. Ask the front desk for directions. A great breakfast spot is the Eggs Up Grill in the Piggly Wiggly shopping center too (next to Massey Pizza). If you like shrimp, check out the shrimp man about 2 miles South of the resort on 17, in the Fish House parking lot. Huge, fresh shrimp, for $6 a pound.

I played golf at Litchfield Country Club booked through the resort. It was $41 for a Sat AM tee time, and was a great value. Greens were in great shape. A few too many dog legs, but was a beautiful course. It was nice, but I might play another course in the area when we return.

We look forward to returning to Litchfield. We live in Raleigh and are looking to make this a tradition. This is a great place for couples and families. There is plenty for kids to do, and plenty of excellent restaurants in the area. An excellent choice for some time at the beach, and a extraordinary value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Summerville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife an I stayed at Bridgeside unit 420. We had an ocean front room plus we had the pool right below us. I don't have any complaints at all with our stay. The restaurant Websters was good. The only down side is that you have to go pick it up. There needs to be a delivery person. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!