“Twice is Still Nice....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort

You added Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14276 Ocean Hwy, 2 mi north of Pawleys Island (Drawer 320, Pawleys Island, SC 29585   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Twice is Still Nice....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This year we doubled down and got a 2 bedroom in Bridgewater unit 523. Fabulous view of the pool and the ocean with 2 balconies. Room had 3 flat screen TVs, newer furniture and was immaculate. I think we had requested a different unit initially but it is their policy NOT to hold specific units. That would be my only reservation going forward. We lucked out 2 years running with modern condos that weren't dated but spoke to others in Bridgewater who stayed in units that their respective owner's did not keep them up as well. I don't know how logistically feasible it would be for a resort of their size and scope to guarantee a certain condo upon receipt of a deposit but I certainly would consider that a value-added option. But on to the positive. The grounds are immaculate as always, the staff is unfailingly polite all around and the walk to the beach is a mere 5 minutes if that. The pool for our building was spectacular as well, complete with a Lazy River. There are other pools on the grounds that one can utilize by the way, but obviously the one attached was the one we frequented. They do keep very good tabs on who uses the pool and the beach - each person needed a wristband on their person or beach bag to gain access to the pool. That level of security doesn't work BOTH ways though, for as much as I could see if someone staying in a different building wanted to use the Bridgewater pool they could just come the "back way" from a further down point on the beach virtually unnoticed. The growing crowds in the pool in the evening and night with a bit more rowdy bunch - people we did NOT see anywhere during the day - led me to this speculation but I could be wrong; it was just a gut feeling.
There is a grocery store LITERALLY across the street and some AMAZING restaurants close by, albeit some a bit hidden and/or not quite matching where the GPS SAID they were.
The Housekeeping sadly was merely adequate - it was outstanding last year. Coffee "rings" from under mugs on the kitchen countertop were not wiped down and I noticed pancake batter that had dripped on the stovetop was not cleaned up either. Minor complaints yes but for the money I expect a premium hotel-level housekeeping service daily.
Upon re-reading my review it looks a bit nit-picky but these are minor things. I can't imagine staying at any other place on the property, mainly because we like the ocean view so much. I would not hesitate going back but if I encounter a circumstance where the condo is dated or run down (keep in mind there's no price difference among condos of similar square footage) I would not hesitate to try to get switched out.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Staying here is like playing Russian Roulette
Property is beautiful, front desk and customer relations is a -10
We came to the resort expecting a nice romantic extended weekend to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary, Not at all what we received! Problem #1 we paid for a condo with a view of the ocean, what we got was a condo with a view the dunes and trees which blocked the ocean, unless you stood on your tip toes. We called the front desk and was told by the front desk manager Nicole, "we booked our reservations late and this was all that was available". We made our reservations two weeks before we arrived, if at that time there were no rooms available without an unobstructed view we should have been advised at the time of booking. Why pay for a ocean view only to be disappointed. Problem #2 on the last day of our stay I booked a separate reservation which moved us up one floor and defiantly gave us a better view. The only problem with this room was it had double beds which were just a little larger then a twin bed, also there was not a closet in the bedroom, the closet was located in the kitchen, Wow! I call the front desk and once again I get the front desk manager Nicole, I remind Nicole today is our anniversary we are only here one more night I asked if there was anything she could do about the bed . Nicole told me she had done what she could she moved us up to the third floor and given us a better view. I informed her she had done absolutely nothing to assist with the issues that were presented to her from day one. The fact is, I booked a second reservation which is what moved us from one condo to another. Nicole said she could move us to another condo for an additional $85.00. I reminded her we had just spent 4 days in a condo looking at trees after paying for an ocean view why should we have to pay anything additional. Some how our called got disconnected, I am still waiting on a call back, there was never a call back from Nicole or anyone from the front desk, Great customer service!! Problem #3 we moved from Bridgeview 219 to Bridgeview 309, I forgot my prescription glasses in 219, I called down to the front desk and informed them I had forgotten my glasses in 219. I asked if housekeeping could check the room, I was told that housekeeping was gone for the day and that I could check back in the morning. I asked the young man at the desk if anyone had checked into the room and if I could go and check the room for my glasses. I was told someone had checked into the room. I called down to room 219 to ask the new guest if they could check their condo for my glasses, No answer, I called back a couple more times no answer. My husband and I went down to knock on the door and inquiry about my glasses, only to learn that the curtains in 219 were wide open and the room was unoccupied , the front desk clerk never checked to see if the condo was occupied nor did he care. The bottom line is they don't care!! It's all about the money,. We traveled almost 800 miles for our 29th anniversary to look at trees blocking our view of the ocean and then to be lied to by the front desk clerk , it is not worth playing Russian Roulette with my money or future vacations. If you are lucky enough to get a nice condo or villa great, If you have any problems don't expect assistance or consideration once they have your money They Really Don't Care!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband had business in the western part of the state in June and we were able to then spend a 3 day weekend at Litchfield. We were orginally going to visit Charleston but it was prohibitively expensive. I took out a map and found Pawleys Island. We definitely wanted to avoid Mrytle and this seemed like a possible choice.
We absolutely loved our stay. I was shocked at how reasonably the rooms at Seaside Inn were priced compared to Charleston. We found our room more than adequate and took advantage of the bar and restaurant.
We went to Huntington Beach one day and enjoyed our visit. We also ate and drove around Murrells Inlet. We didn't use the shuttle service but drove to the beach access instead. My only complaint would be that the beach here is very crowded since this is where everyone who isn't oceanfront gets dropped off. Some like a crowded beach for the people watching, we however perfer more solitude. But for the price we paid, there are no complaints here.
I've been telling everyone about the value you get from this establishment. If we ever find ourselves able to return, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Augusta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My friends and I wanted to get away for the weekend during Peak, Peak season. Jeanette was very helpful in finding a place to handle all of our needs at Oyster Catcher #86. The rooftop patio was awesome. Most everyone enjoyed the amenities such as the ocean view, lazy river, jucuzzi and condo. They were great about letting us use the amenities until our room was ready.
We gave up on shuttle service and called friends to pick us up. We didn't realize no grilling our steaks anywhere until we got there. We requested a rollaway several times and never got it, so my 60 year old friend sleep on a small sofa. The resort is some distance from Myrtle/Broadway at the Beach.
All and all everyone was very pleased with the resort and condo. I would stay again if I had more time because of the distance.

Room Tip: All the Oyster Catcher Condo's have the rooftop and a small pool. However, they are not really...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Each building is individually owned, and apparently they're not all held to the same standards. Our room in the Bridgewater building was completely disgusting - from the threadbare towels to the dirty comforter cover, nothing was clean. Our "ocean view upgrade" was a total disappointment - we had to stand on our tip toes to actually see any waves. And be prepared to drive from one building to the next, as nothing is within walking distance.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This review is for a different unit that is a single house managed by the Litchfield Beach Golf and Resort.

We just got back from four days in Compass Point 112 Pawleys Island. It is house within a gated community. Private, covered parking and space for bikes. The beach is close enough to walk to and the kids could ride bikes on the cul de sac street. There is also a small pool for the nearby houses.

On the bottom floor there there is a large kitchen, common room with a TV and DVD player and a half bath. The master is also on that floor with its own bathroom. Wireless Internet worked well enough to watch movies on iPad.

Two bedrooms are on the top floor with a full bath.

When we needed more towels or I couldn't figure out the DVD, the management was available and helpful. The spa, Starbucks, workout area, indoor pool and check in are a short bike ride away.

Across the street from the gate is a grocery store and liquor store. Murrell's Inlet is 10 minutes up the road for seafood. It's even closer to Huntington Beach State Park and Brookgreen Gardens.

6 people in this unit have room to spare with the amenities of a covered porch with rocking chairs, covered hammock, and privacy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stockbridge, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

As i previously wrote about our last two visits to the resort were not good, sherri, the manager responded to my review. So we went again with high hopes that everything would work out perfectly. Well for the most part we were happy with our visit this time around. We agree with another reveiwer that the shuttle service is unrealiable. Thank you sherri for making this a better vacation. PS...Marsh hawk 5D is a very nice condo, but there wasn't a dvd player in the condo.

Room Tip: 5D marsh hawk is nice condo
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!