“GREAT FOOD... ..... GREAT FOOD” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“GREAT FOOD... ..... GREAT FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

I love Mexican food..!!!!!
this place it's great.. the food, is delicious. I was really surprise.. we loved. we enjoyed.... I CAN WAIT TO GO BACK...

Georgetown
“Great and authentic Mexican food..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was there last week and even that they were really I mean really busy we got a good service and our food was on time good place good people and even better good food... I will be back in two weeks..

• Visited July 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Safe choice for family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Food and service are good. the restaurant gets a little hot, but you are at the beach - drink a margarita.

Visited June 2012
Pawleys Island, South Carolina, United States
“Possibly worst Mexican food I have ever had?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Went here with my wife and the restaurant it self looks charming on the inside but that's about where it stopped. The person that sat us, brought menus, took order, brought food etc. were all different people. I really had no clue who our waitress actually was. Not that it mattered because drinks were never refilled.

I ordered enchiladas a la crema and my wife ordered flautas. Her flautas tasted like frozen out of the box taquitos and I have no clue what the "crema" was on mine. Tasted like ranch and feta??? Probably the worst food I have had at a Mexican restaurant.

We were so unhappy with the food I actually voiced my opinion about it which I have never done at a restaurant before. Neither one of us ate more than 3 bites and they ended up taking one of the meals off of the bill.

Ended up going down the street to Sonic and then home =\

I have not yet found any really good mexican places since moving here no matter what the reviews.....but none I would rate "terrible" except this one.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great Food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I'm from Oklahoma n come to south Carolina a few times a year.... My family knows their Latino food and when we come to Myrtle beach i look for a not too fancy but really authentic place where the menu has a variety. I would have to say that La Playa restaurant and cantina is more than your small town Mexican restaurant! It has food from various places for example Jamaica or from Argentina, not just Mexico. Now that's a restaurant!!!