“Best Golf Lesson Experience Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Educational Sites, Golf Courses, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf School operating year round at Pawleys Plantation, a Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course 30 minutes south of Myrtle Beach. 3-day schools, 1 and 2-day programs, private lessons, and 2-hour group clinics. For all skill levels. Parent/Child Programs also available. Stay & play on-site with our 'Best Ever Golf School' package or attend as a Commuter Student. Computerized video analysis and personal take-home video via CD or email. A GOLF Magazine "TOP 25 USA Golf Schools" since 1991.
Fort Worth
3 attraction reviews
“Best Golf Lesson Experience Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

This was my 3rd visit to Riston-Sole Golf School and each time is always a great experience. The entire staff works hard to ensure you have a great experience. Second lesson my golf clubs didn't make it, Rosemary told me to come on out and they'd loan me clubs or whatever I needed until my clubs showed up. Mel's easy manner, and golf expertise ensures improvement in your game and subsequently your attitude. His minor tweaks make all the difference in your game. By day 3 I'd gained about 10-15 yards with each iron. This year myself and two friends came and not only did we get great golf instruction but steered us towards a couple of great restaurants and courses for our afternoon play.

Visited March 2012

Lansing, Michigan
73 attraction reviews
“Awesome golf school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

If you attend this golf school you will not be disappointed. This is a class operation in every way including the office help the facilities and especially Mel's instruction. You will leave here a better golfer and have a very good idea of what you need to work on to continue to improve. You will get a video analysis with Mel's comments on each part of your golf game which includes putting, chipping, pitching, sand shots and the full swing. Thanks Mel.... Looking forward to coming back next year!

Lexington, Kentucky
4 attraction reviews
“Help on the Way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Over the past two years I've watched my handicap drift from a 12.3 to a 17.9. For a Christmas present, I was given a 3 day golf school package with Ritson-Sole. It was well worth the money.
Mel was my instructor and he explains "golf theory" in an understandable fashion. The first day we started hitting some balls and we all got videotaped. There were four of us to a group and we watched the video's as a group. We all had the same problems! Not maintaining our spine angles, Collapsing the right arm on the takeaway, slow releases and not firing the hips! Mel has a clear regimen that takes some buy in on your part, but really does work. He shows you the improvement, as you are filmed every day.
Day 1 is basics and Irons with the 48 ball drill. Day 2 is pitching and sand. Day 3 is chipping and putting.
There's a lot of drills to work through, but if you stay with the program you will have a better swing. You won't walk out of there fixed for ever, but you will have a clear understanding of what you need to work on to get better.

Cambridge
“Simply the Best!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I was more than a little skeptical about attending a three-day golf school. However, my attitude changed after the first day. Mel was able to quickly identify opportunities for improvement in my golf swing and communicate them to me very effectively. I am completely confident that I left the school with the physical and mental tools required to improve my game. I cannot put into words how positive an experience this school was for me. Thank-you Mel!

Visited April 2012
“Excellent teaching philosophy and great value for money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

Mel has a great eye to find your swing deficiencies and excellent drills to correct those flaws. I experienced the best golf instruction for the best price. If anyone is serious about golf instruction do not look further, this is the best place.