“This place was so noisy until 3 am!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3671 Saint Matthews Rd., Orangeburg, SC 29118 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Orangeburg
Florida
“This place was so noisy until 3 am!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

This place was next to a sports bar, which shared a parking lot with them. Lots of young men and women hanging out, playing loud music and partying until the wee hours of the morning. We felt very unsafe here! we could not wait to leave the next morning. Told the front desk about it and they said it occurs most every night. Not sure how they expect to get people back to their hotel. I would not recommend it to anyone! Stay away unless you want to be up all hours of the night.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

We requested a non-smoking room. When we got to the room, it reeked with cigarette smoke. The guest next to us had the same problem. She used a deoderizer spray hoping the smell would go away....still lingered. We had traveled all day and was very tired and rooms were scarce over the holiday. Any clothing we brought into the room reeked with that smell. We always had good luck at Comfort Inns but we will never stay at this one in Orangeburg...Yuk!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

Booked a reservation at the Comfort Inn for my sister's graduation only because my hotel of preference in the area (Hampton Inn) was completely booked. I usually don't stay at Choice Hotels, but I decided to give them a chance. Needless to say, I did not read the reviews (BIG MISTAKE!) or else I would have NEVER stayed here. The room was ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!! The room smelled of mold and mildew. So I go to the bathroom and what do I find. . .huge rust stains in the bathtub, on the floor around the toilet and the sink! One of the lamps did not work and the carpet was NASTY! I had to put a towel down just to sit on the bed much less lie down in it! Oh by the way, did I mention that this was the SECOND ROOM they gave me. It was no better than the FIRST! Thank goodness I had relatives who were able to get a room at the Hampton Inn next door. This was enough for me to decide that I will NEVER stay at a Choice Hotel again!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everthing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Lexington, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

In general I have had good luck staying at Comfort Inns while on the fly, without any advanced information from a place like TripAdvisors. This wasn't one of those times.

All of the rooms in the main building are exterior rooms - and a word to the wise, if you want to have a prayer of getting any sleep before about 2 a.m., do NOT let them you put you anywhere near poolside (the posted pool closing time is not enforced). That and the lady finding Jesus in the room next door (which I called about repeatedly but which management chose to ignore) were the major down sides. The walls are thin, as are the floors, so someone walking around in the room above you is clearly audible, whether they're wearing shoes or not.

The room with twin doubles was adequate and seemed clean, the only annoyance was the cable TV - no printed channel guide anywhere, but that didn't really matter because most of the channels were either wavy lines or meaningless hash. The other amenities all worked.

On the positive side, the breakfast was good, in a nice, spacious area, with a good variety of hot and cold foods and even a daily paper.

• Stayed July 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Region of Waterloo, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

we stopped here on our way to Florida. After driving for 17 hours, we were VERY tired and just wanted a place to rest. We saw the signs on the interstate for this, and other hotels. Because Comfort Suites is a well known name - and it was relatively handy once exiting the interstate, we pulled in. Was surprised at the price of a room - even with the AAA discount....was still $77 ! Didn't sleep well at all - other guests decided to have long, sometimes heated, conversations outside our room... no consideration for others (which isn't a problem of the hotel, I realize) but still VERY annoying when you are exhausted and trying to get some sleep before another long day of driving !
The room wasn't very clean - dirt in the corners in the bathroom.
The ice machine on our floor (2nd floor) was there, but the water pipe was broken and wasn't working at all.
Was wishing we had stopped at the Best Western across the street !

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — lack of cleanliness, non working ice machine, VERY noisy and irritating clientel
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2008

We booked this room through the Choice Hotels Reward program. When we arrived (it was late so only through bullet proof glass in outer lobby) there was no record of our reservation and the gal told us we had to contact Choice Hotels (parent company) ourselves with no apologies or concern. We did, they faxed over our reservation, she gave us a room and it was not a suite like we reserved and it was not clean. By now it is after midnight and again I am told I have to contact Choice Hotels AGAIN to rectify this problem with no concern or apologies. Finally after a direct call from Choice Hotels the clerk gave us keys to the room type we reserved. It wasn't until well past 1 AM (I had to put twin toddlers down to sleep before even getting the luggage in) that we realized the latch on the door did not work. I forgot the key going to get luggage and just pushed the door to go in. We had the chain to keep us safe at night and to say we didn't get much sleep that night was an understatement. No one the next morning asked how our room was, how our stay was, or even smiled and said goodmorning at breakfast.

The room was ok except for the lock issue, the breakfast was nice, the staff was the worst I have ever encountered at a hotel.

Choice Hotels was wonderful to work with us on this problem and refunded the reward points we used for this nights stay. We will continue to stay with the Choice Hotel family of hotels, but never again will we stop here.

• Liked — location off of highway
  • Disliked — rude staff and unsafe room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indian Harbour Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2007

would go out of my way not to stay there. No towels in the room, had to go to the office to get them at 10:30 PM. Did not feel entirely safe doing that - not a good sign. Next AM no water, just a trickle, could not bathe, barely got my teeth brushed. I noticed when checking
out I wasn't asked about my stay, just a gruff: want to keep it on your CC? Couldn't wait to get out of there!

• Liked — check in was fine
  • Disliked — no water, just a trickle and no towels, did not feel very safe
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!